Prostaglandin E1, E2 and oxytocin in labor induction
Languages of publication
The risks of induction must be carefully weighed against the risks of allowing the pregnancy to continue and not inducing labor. The aim of the study was to show labor and neonatal outcome of 335 deliveries inducted in 2004 at Institute of gynecology and obstetrics Clinical Center of Serbia. Inductions were performed with PGE2, PGE1 and Oxytocin. The best ripening effect was noted in PGE2 group. The average duration of labor was 8.6h in PGE1group, 5.9h in PGE2 group and 10.4h in OT group. Sixty eight labors finished with cesarean section (20%). Comparing duration of labor, percentage of emergency cesarean sections, incidence of fetal distress during the labor we suggest Dinoprostone, placed intracervically, as an agent of choice for induction of labor.
1 - 12 - 2006
24 - 10 - 2006
-  A. Ben Haroush, Y. Yogev, H. Glickman, B. Kaplan, M. Hod and J. Bar: “Mode of delivery in pregnant women with hypertensive disorders and unfavorable cervix following induction of labor with vaginal application of PGE2”, Acta Obstet. Gynaecol. Scand., Vol. 84(7), (2005), pp. 665–671. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.0001-6349.2005.00681.x[Crossref]
-  Y. Yogev, A. Ben Haroush, Y. Gilboa, R. Chen, B. Kaplan and M. Hod: “Induction of labor with PGE2”, J. Matern. Fetal. Neonatal. Med., Vol. 14(1), (2003), pp. 30–34. [Crossref]
-  A. Nigam, K. Singh, P. Dubay, K. Pandey, A. Bhagoliwal and A. Prakash: “Misoprostol vs. oxytocin for induction of labor at term”, Int. J Gynecol. Obstet., Vol. 86(3), (2004), pp. 398–400. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijgo.2004.05.010[Crossref]
-  M.M. De Aquino and J.G. Cesatti: “Misoprostol vs oxytocin for labor in term and post term pregnancy: randomized controlled trial”, Sao Paulo Med. J., Vol. 191(3), (2003), pp. 102–106.
-  G.K. Pandis, A.T. Papageorghiuo, C.M. Otigbah, R.J. Howard and K.H. Nicolaides: “Randomized study of vaginal misoprostol and dinoprostone gel for induction of labor”, Ultrasound Obstet. Gynecol., Vol 18(6), (2001), pp. 629–635. http://dx.doi.org/10.1046/j.0960-7692.2001.00595.x[Crossref]
Publication order reference