Influence of the reaction conditions on the formation of Tl(Re)-Ba-Ca-Cu-O superconducting thin films by thallination in open system
Languages of publication
Rhenium avoids air degradation of the target as well as of precursor thin films during the preparation of high temperature Tl-based superconductors. Addition of Re has been used during synthesis of oriented Tl(Re)-Ba-Ca-Cu-O films. High temperature superconducting Tl-based thin films were prepared by a two step method combining RF magnetron sputtering and ex-situ thallination. Precursors with a composition of Re0.1Ba2Ca2Cu3Ox were deposited on a CeO2 buffered R-plane sapphire substrate. The sputtered films were prepared at room temperature in an Ar atmosphere. The thallination of the precursor films was performed in a one zone configuration, where both the pellet and precursor film were kept at the same temperature. The thallination temperature varied in the range of 850–880°C and samples were held for 30, 45 and 60 min at this temperature in a flowing oxygen atmosphere. Besides Tl-2212, X-ray diffraction reveals the possibility of also preparing the Tl-2223 phase, which was until now not reported in a Re doped form.
1 - 6 - 2007
1 - 6 - 2007
-  M. Jergel, A.C. Gallardo, C.F. Guajardo and V. Štrbík: “Tl-based superconductors for high-current, high-field applications”, Supercond. Sci. Technol., Vol. 9, (1996), pp. 427–446. http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0953-2048/9/6/001[Crossref]
-  M. Španková, I. Vávra, Š. Gaži, D. Machajdík, Š. Chromik, K. Fröhlich, L. Hellemans and Š. Beňačka: “Growth and recrystallization of CeO2 thin films deposited on R-plane sapphire by off-axis RF sputtering”, J. Cryst. Growth, Vol. 218, (2000), pp. 287–293. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0022-0248(00)00585-6[Crossref]
-  Š. Chromik, M. Cannaerts, Š. Gaži, C. Van Haesendonck, M. Španková, P. Kúš and Š. Beňačka: “The influence of (1102) sapphire substrate on structural perfection of CeO2 thin films”, Physica C, Vol. 371, (2002), pp. 301–308. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0921-4534(01)01098-X[Crossref]
-  Š. Chromik, M. Španková, I. Vávra, Š. Gaži, M. Cannaerts, L. Hellemans, D. Machajdík and Š. Beňačka: “CeO2 buffer layers on R-plane Al2O3”, Acta Physica Slovaca, Vol. 50, (2000), pp. 403–409.
-  Š. Chromik, D. De Barros, V. Štrbík, P. Odier, A. Sin, F. Hanic and I. Kostič: “Hg-cuprate thin films prepared using Re and fluorides based precursor thin films”, J. Phys. IV France, Vol. 11, (2001), pp. 175–179.
-  R.L. Meng, B. Hickey, Y.Q. Wang, Y.Y. Sun, L. Gao, Y.Y. Xue and C.W. Cu: “Processing of highly oriented (Hg1-x Rex)Ba2Ca2Cu3O8+δ tape with approx.0.1”, Appl. Phys. Lett., Vol. 68, (1996), pp. 3177–3179. http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.115816
-  M. Valeriánová, Š. Chromik, V. Štrbík, G. Plesch and Z. Matkovičová: “Rhenium doped Tl-based superconductors prepared on CeO2 buffered sapphire”, Acta Physica Slovaca, Vol. 56, (2006), pp. 35–39.
-  H. Nguyen Xuan, S. Beauquis, Ph. Galez, P. Chadouet, C. Jimenez, F. Weiss, M. Decroux, M. Therasse, V. Štrbík, M. Polák and Š. Chromik: “Tl-based superconducting films by spray pyrolysis and MOCVD”, J. Physics: Conference Series, Vol. 43, (2006), pp. 281–284. http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/43/1/070[Crossref]
-  A. Sin, P. Odier, F. Weiss and M. Nunez-Requiero: “Synthesis of (Hg,Re-1223) by Sol-Gel technique”, Physica C, Vol. 2459, (2000), pp. 341–348.
-  J.L. Jorda, P. Galez, S. Phok, Th. Hopfinger and T. Koffi Jondo: “Fascinating thallium-based superconducting cuprates and subsystems: formation and stability”, In: A.V. Narlikar (Ed.): High temperature superconductivity 1 Materials, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2004, pp. 29–78.
-  A.P. Bramley, J.D. O’Conor and C.R.M. Grovenor: “Thallium-based HTS thin films, processing, properties and applications”, Supercond. Sci. Technol., Vol. 12, (1999), pp. R57–R74. http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0953-2048/12/5/001[Crossref]
-  P. Galez, Th. Hopfinger, J.L. Soubeyroux, M. Lomello-Tafin, Ch. Opagiste, Ch. Bertrand and J.L. Jorda: “The reaction pathway for the formation of Tl-2223”, Physica C, Vol. 372-376, (2002), pp. 1137–1140. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0921-4534(02)00871-7[Crossref]
Publication order reference