Amplification of solitary optical waves in fibers with positive group velocity dispersion
Languages of publication
Solitary optical waves with characteristic red frequency shift have been numerically identified in fibers with positive group velocity dispersion in the presence of amplification by semiconductor amplifiers. Influence of the Henry factor, the net gain, gain saturation characteristics, and frequency modulation on the frequency shift of the observed solitary optical waves has been examined. Normalized pulse energy as a function of the gain saturation characteristics has been studied.
- 42.65.Tg: Optical solitons; nonlinear guided waves(for solitons in fibers, see 42.81.Dp)
- 42.65.Sf: Dynamics of nonlinear optical systems; optical instabilities, optical chaos and complexity, and optical spatio-temporal dynamics
- 42.81.Dp: Propagation, scattering, and losses; solitons
- 42.55.Px: Semiconductor lasers; laser diodes
1 - 3 - 2007
24 - 11 - 2006
-  G.P. Agrawal and N.A. Olsson: “Self phase modulation and spectral broadening of optical pulses in semiconductor laser amplifiers”, IEEE J. Quantum Elect., Vol. 25, (1989), pp. 2297–2306. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/3.42059[Crossref]
-  M. Settembre et al.: ”Cascaded optical communication systems with in-line semiconductor optical amplifiers”, J. Lightwave Technol., Vol. 15, (1997), pp. 962–967. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/50.588666[Crossref]
-  A. Mecozzi: “Soliton transmission control with semiconductor amplifiers”, Opt. Lett., Vol. 20, (1995), pp. 1616–1618. [Crossref]
-  A. Vanin, A. Korytin, A. Sergeev, D. Anderson, M. Lisak and L Vazquez: “Dissipative optical solitons”, Phys. Rev. A, Vol. 49, (1994), pp. 2806–2810. http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevA.49.2806[Crossref]
-  S. Wabnitz: “Soliton stabilization in long-distance fiber transmission with semiconductor amplifiers”, Opt. Lett., Vol. 20, (1995), pp. 1979–198. http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/OL.20.001979[Crossref]
-  S.K. Turitsyn: “Soliton stability in optical transmission lines using semiconductor amplifiers and fast saturable absorbers”, Phys. Rev. E, Vol. 54, (1996), art. R3125.
-  T. Arabadzhiev and I.M. Uzunov: “Frequency characteristic of stationary optical pulses in lightwave communication systems with periodical gain created by semiconductor amplifiers”, Opt. Fiber Technol., Vol. 10, (2004), pp. 171–186. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.yofte.2004.01.001[Crossref]
-  M. Goles, I.M. Uzunov and F. Lederer: “Robust solitary waves in fiber transmission lines with semiconductor optical amplifier”, JOSA B, Vol. 16, (1999), pp. 689–694. http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/JOSAB.16.000689[Crossref]
-  T. Arabadzhiev and I.M. Uzunov: Proceedings of “LTL Plovdiv 2005”, IV International Symposium Laser Technologies and Lasers, LTL Plovdiv, 2005, pp. 106-110.
-  D.J. Gauthier, A. Gaeta and R. Boyd: “Slow light: from basics to future prospects”, Photonics Spectra, March, (2006), pp. 44-50.
Publication order reference