Heterobimetallic complexes containing iron (II) and hexa-coordinated organosilicon
Languages of publication
Heterobimetallic complexes of the type R2Si(HL)Cl2 and R2SiL2 (where R = Me, Et, Ph; L = ferrocenyl aroylhydrazone) have been synthesized at 40 °C to 50 °C and at room temperature (25 °C), respectively, and characterized by elemental analysis, molar conductance, infrared and NMR (1H, 13C and 29Si) spectral data. The ligands behave as bidentate, coordinating through the azomethine nitrogen and the oxygen in the amidic and the imidic acid forms of the ligand at low temperature and at room temperature, respectively. The ligands and their organosilicon complexes have been evaluated for the antifungal activity against Alternaria alternata, Fusarium oxysporum and Rhizoctonia solani, as well as antibacterial activity against gram negative, Escherichia coli and gram positive, Bacillus subtilis, at 28 °C. Organosilicon complexes of ferrocenyl aroylhydrazone were found to be more potent than the parent ligands. [...]
1 - 9 - 2007
26 - 5 - 2007
-  V.M. Naik and N.B. Mallur: “Synthesis and characterization of niobium (v) complexes with terdentate ONO donor hydrazones”, Indian J. Chem., Vol. 41A, (2002), pp. 780–784.
-  P. Chatterjee, O.P. Srivastava and B.V. Agarwala: “Physico-chemical and biological properties of isonicotinic acid hydrazone complexes”, J. Inorg. Biochem., Vol. 36, (1989), pp. 246–252. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0162-0134(89)84292-8[Crossref]
-  R. Malhotra, S. Kumar, J. Mehta, H.R. Singal and K.S. Dhindsa: “Synthesis, characterization and peroxidase activity of binuclear complexes of 2,6-bis (2-hydroxybenzylidene hydrazone)-4-methyl phenol”, Indian J. Chem., Vol. 39A, (2000), pp. 421–424.
-  R. Malhotra, M.S. Malik, J.P. Singh and K.S. Dhindsa: “Synthesis, characterization, and microbiocidal activity of α-methyl-(2-thiophenomethylene) aryloxyacetic acid hydrazides and their metals complexes”, J. Inorg. Biochem., Vol. 45, (1992), pp. 269–275. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0162-0134(92)84015-F[Crossref]
-  R. Malhotra, S. Kumar and K.S. Dhindsa: “Synthesis characterization and antimicrobial activity of organotin and organosilicon complexes of substituted hydrazones”, Indian J. Chem., Vol. 36A, (1997), pp. 321–323.
-  T.M. Aminabhavi, N.S. Biradar, S.B. Patil, D.E. Hoffman and V.N. Biradar: “Synthesis and characterization of biologically active organosilicon and organotin complexes of phenylglycyl hydrazones”, Inorg. Chim. Acta., Vol. 135, (1987), pp. 139–143. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0020-1693(00)83278-8[Crossref]
-  J.X. Fang, Z. Jin, Z.M. Li and W. Li: “Synthesis, structure and antibacterial activities of novel ferrocenyl containing1-phenyl-3-ferrocenyl-4-triazoleyl-5-aryldihydropyrazole derivatives”, J. Organomet. Chem., Vol. 674, (2003), pp. 1–9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0022-328X(03)00154-2[Crossref]
-  C.S. Allardyce, A. Dorcier, C. Scolaro and P. Dyson: “J. Development of organometallic (organo-transition metal) pharmaceuticals”, Appl. Organometal. Chem., Vol. 19, (2005), pp. 1–10. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/aoc.725[Crossref]
-  C. Biot, G. Glorian, L.A. Maciejewski, J.S. Brocard, O. Domarle, G. Blompain, P. Millet, A.J. Georges, H. Abessolo, D. Dive and J. Lebibi: “Synthesis and antimalarial activity in vitro and in vivo of a new ferrocene-chloroquine analogue”, J. Med. Chem., Vol. 40, (1997), pp. 3715–3718. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/jm970401y[Crossref]
-  L. Delhaed, C. Biot, L. Berry, L.A. Maciejewski, D. Camus, J.S. Brocard and D. Dive: “Novel ferrocenic artemisinin derivatives: Synthesis, in vitro antimalarial activity and affinity of binding with ferroprotoporphyrin IX”, Bioorg. Med. Chem., Vol. 8, (2000), pp. 2739–2745. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0968-0896(00)00206-6[Crossref]
-  M.D. Champdore, G.D. Fabio, A. Messere, D. Montesarchio, G. Picialli, R. Loddo, M.L. Colla and P.L. Colla: “In-water reactivity of nucleosides and nucleotides: onestep preparation and biological evaluation of novel ferrocenyl derivatives”, Tetrahedron., Vol. 60, (2004), pp. 6555–6563. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tet.2004.06.013[Crossref]
-  G. Huang, Q. baosong and Y. Ma: “Metal complexes of ferrocenecarboxaldehyde 2, 4-Dichloro-benzoyl-hydrazone”, Synth. React. Inorg. Met. Org. Chem., Vol. 31(2), (2001), pp. 297–302. http://dx.doi.org/10.1081/SIM-100002048[Crossref]
-  S.P. Narula, N. Kapur, C.R. Rana and R. Malhotra: “Isolation of 1,1-dialkoxysilylene-1,1,-bis (2-phenylhydrazine); 1-Alkoxysilylene-1,1,1-tris (2-phenylhydrazine) and 1,1,1,1-tetrakis (2-phenylhydrazine) silane adducts through lewis acid aided disproportionation reactions”, Inorg. Chim. Acta., Vol. 159, (1989), pp. 87–91. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0020-1693(00)80899-3[Crossref]
-  J. Wagler and G. Roewer: “Intramolecular interligand charge transfer and a red hexacoordinate Si-complex with salen type ligand vs. colorless tetracoordinate salen-Si-complexes with similar substituents”, Inorg. Chim. Acta., Vol. 360, (2007), pp. 1717–1724. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ica.2006.09.006[WoS][Crossref]
-  D.F. Spooner and G. Sykes: Methods in microbiology, Academic Press, London, 1972.
Publication order reference