Preparation of SAMS-CMC-CS bipolar membrane and its application in electro-generating FeO42−
Languages of publication
The preparation of SAMS-CMC-CS bipolar membrane grafted onto CMC by SAMS was reported. The cross-section view of SAMS-CMC-CS BM were studied by SEM. FT-IR spectrum indicated that SAMS-CMC-CS BM contained-SO 3−,-COO− and −N=CHR functional groups. Compared with CMC-CS BM, SAMS-CMC-CS BM appears to have better mechanical strength and chemical stability in alkali solution at [OH−]≥9.5 mol/L, with a swelling of 55 %. The electrochemical properties of SAMS-CMC-CS BM were also studied. SAMS-CS-CMC BM not only effectively prevented FeO 42− from diffusing into the cathode chamber, but also played an important role in the supply of OH− consumed during the electro-generated FeO 42− process. [...]
1 - 3 - 2007
1 - 3 - 2007
-  C.L. Hsueh, Y.J. Peng, C.C. Wang et al.: “Bipolar membrane prepared by grafting and plasma polymerization”, J. Membrane Sci., Vol. 219, (2003), pp. 1–13. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0376-7388(03)00106-6[Crossref]
-  K.N. Mani: “Electrodialysis water splitting technology”, J. Membrane Sci., Vol. 58, (1991), p. 117. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0376-7388(00)82450-3[Crossref]
-  L. Yu, A. Lin, L. Zhang and W. Jiang: “Application of electrodialysis to the production of Vitamin C”, Chem. Eng. J., Vol. 78(2–3), (2000), pp. 153–157 (in Chinese). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1385-8947(00)00136-4[Crossref]
-  G.L. Eun, S.H. Moon, Y.K. Chang, I.K. Yoo and H.N. Chang: “Lactic acid recovery using two-stage electrodialysis and its modeling”, J. Membrane Sci., Vol. 145(1), (1998), pp. 53–66. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0376-7388(98)00065-9[Crossref]
-  F. Alvarez, R. Alvarez, J. Coca, J. Sandeaux, R. Sandeaux and C. Gavach: “Salicylic acid production by electrodialysis with bipolar membranes”, J. Membrane Sci., Vol. 123(1), (1997), pp. 61–69. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0376-7388(96)00197-4[Crossref]
-  T. Xu and W. Yang: “Citric acid production by electrodialysis with bipolar membranes”, Chem. Eng. Process., Vol. 41(6), (2002), pp. 519–524 (in Chinese). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0255-2701(01)00175-1[Crossref]
-  P. Pinacci and M. Radaelli: “Recovery of citric acid from fermentation broths by electrodialysis with bipolar membranes”, Desalination, Vol. 148, (2002), pp. 177–179. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0011-9164(02)00674-4[Crossref]
-  G. Pourcelly and C. Gavach: “Electrodialysis water splitting-applications of electrodialysis with bipolar membranes”, In: A.J.B. Kemperman: Handbook on Bipolar Technology, Twente, 2001, Chapter 2.
-  F. Schaffner, P.Y. Pontaher, V. Sanchez and F. Lutin: “Comparison of diester waste treatment by conventional and bipolar electrodialysis”, Desalination, Vol. 170, (2004), Vol. 113–121.
-  L.X. Yu, J. Su and J. Wang: “Bipolar membrane-based process for the recycle of p-toluenesulfonic acid in D-(-)-p-hydroxyphenylglycine production”, Desalination, Vol. 177, (2005), pp. 209–215 (in Chinese) http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2004.11.021[Crossref]
-  L. Lebrun, E.D. Silva et al.: “Elaboration and characterization of ion-exchange films used in the fabrication of bipolar membranes”, J. Membrane Sci., Vol. 227, (2003), pp. 95–111. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.memsci.2003.07.022[Crossref]
-  S.J. Deluca, M. Cantelli and M.A. Deluca: “Ferrate vs. traditional coagulants in the treatment of combined industrial-wastes”, Water Sci. Technol., Vol. 26, (1992), pp. 2077–2080.
-  J.Q. Jiang, A. Panagoulopoulosa, M. Bauer and P. Pearce: “The application of potassium ferrate for sewage treatment”, J. Environ. Manage., Vol. 79, (2006), pp. 215–220. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2005.06.009[Crossref]
-  J.Q. Jiang and B. Lloyd: “Progress in the development and use of ferrate (˘ö) salt as an oxidant and coagulant for water and wastewater treatment”, Water Res., Vol. 36, (2002), pp. 1397–1408. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(01)00358-X[Crossref]
-  J.G. Wu: Technology and Application of Modern Fourier Infrared Spectroscopy Part, Science and Technology Literature Press, Beijing, 1994, p. 603 (in Chinese).
-  T. Uragami and K. Takigawa: “Permeation and separation characteristics of ethanol-water mixtures through chitosan derivative membranes by pervaporation and evaporation”, Polymer, Vol. 31, (1990), pp. 668–672. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0032-3861(90)90287-9[Crossref]
-  H.F. Chen, S.R. Pan, Y. Hu et al.: “The Determination of Substitution Degree of Carboxymethyl Chitosan by Colloid Titration”, J. Instrumental Anal., Vol. 22(6), (2003), pp. 70–73 (in Chinese)
-  Z.H. Wu and S.P. Chen: “Study of PVDF-Acrylate Composite Emulsion Synthesized by in-situ Emulsion Polymerization”, Fine Chemicals, Vol. 18(2), (2001), pp. 98–99, 102 (in Chinese).
-  Z.H. Wu and S.P. Chen: “Determination of Charge Density of Polyelectrolytes by Streaming Potential / Colloid Titration”, J. Anal. Sci., Vol. 78(3), (2001), pp. 207–210 (in Chinese).
-  J.M. Schreyer, G.W. Thompson and L.T. Ockerman: “Oxidation of Chromium (III) with Potassium Ferrate (VI)”, Anal. Chem., Vol. 22(11), (1950), pp. 1426–1427. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ac60047a022[Crossref]
Publication order reference