Synthesis and characterization of Al-and Y-Al-citrates as potential precursors for YAlO3
Languages of publication
Al-and Y-Al-citric complexes have been synthesized in ethylene glycol medium at conditions close to the ones used in polymerized complex method and their composition and spectral characteristics have been studied. Proofs have been found for the formation in the bimetallic system of a mixed-metal Al-Y-complex. Doubly ionized and esterified ligands take place in the Al-complex. All of the ligands forming Y-Al-complex are mono-or doubly esterified. Deprotonation of the alcoholic group takes place in the formation of the mixed-metal complex. Both complexes contain adduct-bonded ethylene glycol. Heating of the bimetallic complex or of the polyester resin formed leads to not phase-homogeneous YAlO3-along with cubic YAlO3, its orthorhombic modification as well as Y4All2O9 are found by X-ray diffractometry.
1 - 12 - 2006
1 - 12 - 2006
-  M. Kakihana, S. Kato, M. Yashima and M. Yoshimura: “Preparation of tetragonal ZrO2-12 mol% CeO2 and ZrO2-6 mol% YO1.5 solid solutions at reduced temperature by a simple aqueous solution route using citric acid as a complexant”, J. Alloys Comp., Vol. 280, (1998), pp. 125–130. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0925-8388(98)00716-6[Crossref]
-  N. Petrova, D. Todorovsky, R. Todorovska and D. Shopova: “Yttrium - zirconium citric complexes as starting materials for preparations of YSZ powders and layers”, Key Engin. Mater., Vol. 264–268, (2004), pp. 427–430. http://dx.doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.264-268.427[Crossref]
-  R. Todorovska, N. Petrova and D. Todorovsky: “Spray-Pyrolysis Deposition of Y2O3 Thin Films Using Citric Complexes as a Starting Material”, C. R. Acad. bulg. Sci., Vol. 56, (2003), pp. 41–44.
-  R. Todorovska, St. Groudeva-Zotova, D. Todorovsky, G. Tzvetkov and P. Stefanov: “Highly Crystalline Y3Fe5O12 Thin Films by Citric Spray Pyrolysis”, J. Math. Synth. Process. Vol. 10, (2002), pp. 283–288. http://dx.doi.org/10.1023/A:1023050311111[Crossref]
-  R. Todorovska, N. Petrova and D. Todorovsky: “Spray-pyrolysis deposition of LaMnO3 and La1 − x CaxMnO3 thin film”, Appl. Surf. Sci., (2005). [Crossref]
-  D. Todorovsky, R. Todorovska, M. Milanova and D. Kovacheva (to be published).
-  V.B. Glushkova, V.A. Krzhizhanovskaya, O.N. Egorova, Yu. Udalov and L. Kachalova: “Reaction of yttrium and aluminum oxides”, Izv. AN SSSR. Neorg. Materiali, Vol. 19, (1983), pp. 95–98 (in Russian).
-  J.S. Abell, J.R. Harris, B. Cocknayne and B. Lent: “An investigation of phase stability in the Y2O3-Al2O3 system”, J. Mat. Sci., Vol. 9, (1974), p. 527. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF02387524[Crossref]
-  X. Guo and K. Sakurai: “Formation of Yttrium Aluminum Perovskite and Yttrium Aluminum Garnet by Mechanical Solid-State Reaction”, Japan J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 39, (2000), pp. 1230–1234. http://dx.doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.39.1230[Crossref]
-  M. Harada, A. Inone, X. Guo and K. Sakurai: “Formation yttrium aluminum perovskite fine powders by a polymerized complex reaction”, J. Mat. Sci. Lett., Vol. 20, (2001), pp. 741–742. http://dx.doi.org/10.1023/A:1010923411146[Crossref]
-  M. Harada, A. Ue, M. Inone, X. Guo and K. Sakurai: “Synthesis of YAP:Ce phosphor through a complex polymerizing reaction”, Scripta Mater., Vol. 44, (2001), pp. 2243–2246. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1359-6462(01)00756-4[Crossref]
-  B. Müller: “Citric acid as corrosion inhibitor for aluminium pigment”, Corrosion Sci., Vol. 46, (2004), pp. 159–167. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0010-938X(03)00191-4[Crossref]
-  M. Milanova, M. Arnaudov, M. Getsova and D. Todorovsky: “Preparation and characterization of solid state lanthanum-titanium citrate complexes”, J. Alloys Comp., Vol. 264, (1998), pp. 95–103. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0925-8388(97)00225-9[Crossref]
-  G. Shwartsenbach and G. Flaschka: Kompleksometricheskoe titrovani (Complexometric titration), Khimiya, Moskva, 1970, pp. 191, 195 (in Russian).
-  M. Getsova, D. Todorovsky and M. Arnaudov: “Preparation and characterization of yttrium-titanium citrate complexes”, Z. Anorg. Allg. Chemie, Vol. 626, (2000), pp. 1488–1493. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1521-3749(200006)626:6<1488::AID-ZAAC1488>3.0.CO;2-I[Crossref]
-  M. Arnaudov, M. Getsova, D. Todorovsky and M. Milanova: “IR spectral study of the system ethylene glycol-citric acid”, Anal. Lab., Vol. 7, (1998), pp. 70–74.
-  M. Milanova, M. Kakihana, M. Arima, M. Yashima and M. Yoshimura: “A simple solution route to the synthesis of pure La2Ti2O7 and Nd2Ti2O7 at 700–800°C by polymerized complex method”, J. Alloys Comp., Vol. 224, (1996), pp. 6–10.
-  M. Getsova and D. Todorovsky: “Thermochemical behaviour of lanthanide and lanthanide-titanium complexes”, Bulg. Chem. Commun., Vol. 32, (2000), pp. 89–104.
-  D. Todorovsky, M. Getsova and M. Vasileva: “Thermal decomposition of lanthanumtitanium citric complexes prepared from ethylene glycol medium”, J. Mater. Sci., Vol. 37, (2002), pp. 4029–4039. http://dx.doi.org/10.1023/A:1019600815906[Crossref]
-  N. Petrova, D. Todorovsky and V. Vasileva: “Synthesis and characterization of Mn-, La-Mn and La-Ca-Mn citrates as precursors for LaMnO3 and La1−x CaxMnO3”, Centr. Europ. J. Chem., Vol. 3, (2005), pp. 263–278. http://dx.doi.org/10.2478/BF02475995[Crossref]
-  V.A. Lysenko and G.F. Voronin: “Optimization of the thermodinamic properties and phase equilibria of Y and Al oxides”, Vestn. Mosk. Univ., Vol. 31, Ser. 2, (1990), pp. 30–33 (in Russian).
-  V.B. Glushkova, V.A. Krzhizhanovskaya and O.N. Egorova: “Physicochemical investigations of the compounds in the system Y2O3-Al2O3”, Dokl. AN SSSR, Vol. 260, (1981), pp. 1157–1160 (in Russian).
-  K.I. Portnoj and N.I. Timofeeva: Kislorodnye soedineniya redkozemel’nykh elementov (Oxygen compounds of the rare earths), Metallurgiya, Moskva, 1986, p. 132 (in Russian).
-  N. Petrova, R. Todorovska, D. Todorovsky, V. Novakova and S. Groudeva-Zotova: “Yttrium-iron tartaric complexes as a potential precursor for spray-pyrolysis deposition of YFeO3 thin films”, J. Univ. Chem. Techn. Metallurgy, Vol. 38, (2003), pp. 861–866.
Publication order reference