Phlegmon of the Foot As A Camel Bite Complication
Languages of publication
The great popularity of foreign excursions and travel in exotic directions, as well as increasing popularity of breeding exotic animals at home, is evidence that in daily practice one may observe injuries inflicted by animals atypically occurring in Poland.The study presented and described a rare case of a patient attacked by a camel living in an agro-tourism farm in our country. Thanks to the combination of surgical and conservative treatment complete wound healing was observed, including the skin grafts, with preserved motor function of the foot.
24 - 7 - 2013
3 - 2 - 2015
- 1. Lazarus HM, Price RS, Sorensen J: Dangers of large exotic pets from foreign lands. J Trauma 2001; 51:1014-15.[PubMed]
- 2. Abu-Zidan FM, Eid HO, Hefny AF et al.: Camel bite injuries in United Arab Emirates: a 6 year prospective study. Injury 2012; 43(9): 1617-20.[WoS]
- 3. Abu-Zidan Fm, ramdan К, czechowski J: A Camel Bite Breaking the Neck and Causing Brain Infarction. J Trauma 2007; 63: 1423.[WoS][PubMed]
- 4. Singh A, Gulati S, Singh G et al.: Multiple fractures following camel bite of the face (a case report). Acta chir Plast 1994; 36: 85-88.
- 5. Janjua KJ: Camel bite injury: an unusual report of left shoulder mutilation with major vascular and bony injuries. injury 1993; 24: 686-88.[PubMed]
- 6. Scheithauer MO, Rettinger g: Bissverletzun-genim Kopf-Halsbereich. HNo 1997; 45: 891-97.
- 7. Wilberger JE, Pang D: Craniocerebral injury from dog bite in an infant. Neurosurgery 1981; 9: 426-28.
- 8. Wolff KDW: Management of animal bite injuries of the face: Experience with 94 patients. J oral Maxillofac surg 1998; 56: 838-43.[PubMed]
- 9. Al Boukai AA, Hawass NE, Patel PJ et al.: Camel bites: Report of severe osteolysis as late bone complications. Postgrad Med J 1981; 65: 900-04.
- 10. Ogunbodede EO, Arotiba JT: Camel bite injuries of the orofacial region: Report of a case. J oral Maxillofac surg 1997; 55: 1174-76.[PubMed]
- 11. Badejo OA, Komolafe DL, Obinwogwu DL: Bacteriology and clinical course of camel-bite wound infections. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 1999; 18: 918-21.[PubMed]
- 12. Suess O, Magerkurth O, Da Silva C et al.: Camel bite: an unusual type of head injury in an infant. J Pediatr surg 2004, 39(10): e11-13.[Crossref]
Publication order reference