Magnetic recykling of complex catalysts immobilized on thiol-functionalized polymer supports
Languages of publication
In this work, the application of the thiol-functionalized epoxy resin encapsulated on magnetic core as supports for palladium catalysts is reported. The study focuses on obtaining of heterogeneous catalysts which can be separated by magnetic field. Palladium complex catalyst [PdCl2(PhCN)2] has been heterogenized by anchoring to these supports via ligand exchange reaction. The characterization of polymeric supports and heterogenized palladium catalysts has involved research methods like time-of-flight secondary ion mass spectrometry (TOF-SIMS), scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and nitrogen BET surface area measurements. The activity and stability during long-term use of the investigated catalytic systems were tested in a Heck and hydrogenation reaction. The influence of the type of thiols used as epoxy hardeners and the morphology of the supports on the catalytic properties of epoxy-supported palladium catalysts was discussed.
1 - 09 - 2013
20 - 09 - 2013
- 1. Suriboot, J., Hobbs, C.E., Yang, Y. & Bergbreiter, D.E. (2012). Protective Encapsulation of acid-sensitive catalysts using polyethylene ligands. J. Polym. Sci., 50, 4840-4846. DOI: 10.1002/pola.26319.[WoS][Crossref]
- 2. Jacinto, M.J., Silva, F.P., Kiyohara, P.K., Landers, R. & Rossi, L.M. (2012). Catalyst recovery and recycling facilitated by magnetic separation: iridium and other metal nanoparticles. ChemCatChem., 4, 698-703. DOI: 10.1002/cctc.201100415.[Crossref]
- 3. Ostrowska, S., Markiewicz, B., Wąsikowska, K., Bączek, N., Pernak, J. & Strzelec, K. (2012). Epoxy resins cured with ionic liquids as novel supports for metal complex catalysts. C.R. Chimie, DOI: 10.1016/j.crci.2012.12.005.[Crossref]
- 4. Strzelec, K., Bączek, N., Ostrowska, S., Wąsikowska, K., Szynkowska, M.I. & Grams, J. (2012). Synthesis and characterization of novel polythiourethane hardeners for epoxy resins. C.R. Chimie, 15, 1065-1071. DOI: 10.1016/j.crci.2012.09.003.[WoS][Crossref]
- 5. Lashdaf, M., Krause, A.O.I., Lindblad, M., Tiitta, M. & Venalainen, T. (2003). Deposition of palladium and ruthenium β-diketonates on alumina and silica supports in gas and liquid phase. Appl. Catal. A., 241, 51-63.
- 6. Cairns, G.R., Cross, R.J. & Stirling, D. (1997). Hydrogenation of cinnamaldehyde using catalysts prepared from supported palladium phosphine complexes. J. Catal., 166, 89-97 (9).
- 7. Chambers, A., Jackson, S.D., Stirling, D. & Webb, G. (1997). Selective Hydrogenation of Cinnamaldehyde over Supported Copper Catalysts. J. Catal., 168, 301-314.
Publication order reference