Determination of the Content of Promoters in Magnetite and Wustite Phases in the Fused Iron Catalyst
Languages of publication
Taking advantage of differences in etching rates of crystallographic phases, forming an oxidized form of the fused iron catalyst, a content of promoters in main phases, magnetite and wustite, was determined. A calcium oxide content in magnetite and wustite was 0.54 wt% and 3.59 wt%, respectively. Aluminum oxide was found in the magnetite phase, and its content was 4.5 wt%. The third promoter, potassium oxide, was almost completely located outside these phases. XRD and ICP-OES instrumental methods were used in the investigations.
1 - 03 - 2013
27 - 03 - 2013
- 1. Lendzion-Bielun, Z., Jedrzejewski, R. & Arabczyk, W. (2011). Heterogenity of ingot of the fused iron catalyst for ammonia synthesis. Appl. Catal. A: General, 400, 48-53. DOI: 10.1016/j.apcata.2011.04.010.[Crossref]
- 2. Lendzion-Bielun, Z. & Arabczyk, W. (2001). Method for determination of the chemical composition of phases of the iron catalyst precursor for ammonia synthesis. Appl. Catal. A: General, 207, 37-41. DOI: 10.1016/S0926-860X(00)00614-1.[Crossref]
- 3. Lendzion-Bielun, Z., Arabczyk, W. & Figurski, M.,(2002). The effect of the iron oxidation degree on distribution of promotors in the fused catalyst precursors and their activity in the ammonia synthesis reaction. Appl. Catal. A: General, 227, 255-263. DOI: 10.1016/ S0926-860X(01)00938-3.[Crossref]
- 4. Pennock, G.M., Flower, H.M. & Andrew, S.P.S. (1987). The mechanism of formation of ammonia synthesis catalyst. J. Catal.,103 (1), 1-19.
- 5. Somorjai, G.A. & Materer, N. (1994). Surface structures in ammonia synthesis. Topics in Catal.,1 (3-4), 215-231. DOI: 10.1007/BF01492277.[Crossref]
- 6. Arabczyk, W., Ziebro, J., Kałucki, K., Świerkowski, R. & Jakrzewska, M. Laboratory scale plant for continuous fusing of iron catalysts, Chemik, 1 (1996), 3-7.(In Polish).
Publication order reference