An Exploration of Transformational Leadership Preferences Among Women Sports Leaders in the Kingdom of Bahrain
Languages of publication
The topic of leadership has attracted considerable interest amongst academics and practitioners. Much of the interest in the area of leadership is based on explicit and implicit claims that leadership styles are linked to organizational performance. This study aimed to examine the transformational leadership style among women sports leaders in the Kingdom of Bahrain. A total of 16 female sports leaders from the Kingdom of Bahrain participated in this study. The Multi-factor Leadership Questionnaire (MLQ) was used to determine the transformational leadership style of individuals. A demographic questionnaire was also administered to collect participants’ personal data. The results indicated that transformational leadership style is moderate among women sports leaders in the Kingdom of Bahrain, thus we need to develop the leadership skills of women sports leaders in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
1 - 03 - 2013
15 - 03 - 2013
- Antonakis, J., Cianciolo, A.T., Sternberg, R.J. (2004). The nature of leadership. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Avolio, B.J. (1999). Full leadership development: Building vital forces in organizations. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Ayman, R. (1997). Leadership and the glass ceiling. In K. Cushner & R.W. Brislin (Eds.), Improving interculturalInteractions: Modules for cross-cultural training programs, vol. 3. (pp. 74-87). Sage Publications.
- Bass, B. M. (1990). From Transactional to Transformational Leadership: Learning to Share a Vision. OrganizationalDynamics, 18(3), 9-31.
- Bass, B.M., Avolio, B.J. (1994). Improving organizational effectiveness through transformational leadership. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Fullan, M. (2000). Educational leadership. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Fullan, M. (2001). Leading in a culture of change. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Fullan, M. (2003). The moral imperative of school leadership. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin.
- Kouzes, J., Posner, B. (2003). The leadership challenge. San Francisco: Jossey Bass.
- Manal Abdulla (2011). The leadership style of women in the Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Bahrain, Kingdom of Bahrain: College of Administrative and Financial Sciences, Department of General Management, AMA International University.
- Riggio, R.E. (2009). Are you a transformational leader? Psychology Today. Retrieved from http://blogs.psychology today.com/blog/cutting-edge-leadership/200903/are-you-transformational-leader
Publication order reference