Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Response, the Future of Cancer Research and a New Designated Journal
Languages of publication
1 - 1 - 2014
7 - 8 - 2012
-  Haas IG, Wabl M. Immunoglobulin heavy chain binding protein. Nature. 1983;306(5941):387-9.
-  Ma Y, Hendershot LM. The unfolding tale of the unfolded protein response. Cell. 2001;107(7):827-30.
-  Shiu RP, Pouyssegur J, Pastan I. Glucose depletion accounts for the induction of two transformation-sensitive membrane proteinsin Rous sarcoma virus-transformed chick embryo fibroblasts. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 1977;74(9):3840-4.
-  Gething MJ, Sambrook J. Protein folding in the cell. Nature. 1992;355(6355):33-45.
-  Mori K, Ma W, Gething MJ, Sambrook J. A transmembrane protein with a cdc2+/CDC28-related kinase activity is required for signaling from the ER to the nucleus. Cell. 1993;74(4):743-56.
-  Cox JS, Shamu CE, Walter P. Transcriptional induction of genes encoding endoplasmic reticulum resident proteins requires a transmembrane protein kinase. Cell. 1993;73(6):1197-206.
-  Wang XZ, Harding HP, Zhang Y, Jolicoeur EM, Kuroda M, Ron D. Cloning of mammalian Ire1 reveals diversity in the ER stress responses. The EMBO journal. 1998;17(19):5708-17.[Crossref]
-  Tirasophon W, Welihinda AA, Kaufman RJ. A stress response pathway from the endoplasmic reticulum to the nucleus requires a novel bifunctional protein kinase/endoribonuclease (Ire1p) in mammalian cells. Genes & development. 1998;12(12):1812-24.
-  Yoshida H, Haze K, Yanagi H, Yura T, Mori K. Identification of the cis-acting endoplasmic reticulum stress response element responsible for transcriptional induction of mammalian glucose-regulated proteins. Involvement of basic leucine zipper transcription factors. The Journal of biological chemistry. 1998;273(50):33741-9.
-  Harding HP, Zhang Y, Ron D. Protein translation and folding are coupled by an endoplasmic-reticulum-resident kinase. Nature. 1999;397(6716):271-4.
-  Kaufman RJ. Stress signaling from the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum: coordination of gene transcriptional and translational controls. Genes & development. 1999;13(10):1211-33.[PubMed]
-  Shen X, Ellis RE, Lee K, Liu CY, Yang K, Solomon A, et al. Complementary signaling pathways regulate the unfolded protein response and are required for C. elegans development. Cell. 2001;107(7):893-903.
-  Yoshida H, Matsui T, Yamamoto A, Okada T, Mori K. XBP1 mRNA is induced by ATF6 and spliced by IRE1 in response to ER stress to produce a highly active transcription factor. Cell. 2001;107(7):881-91.
-  Schroder M, Clark R, Liu CY, Kaufman RJ. The unfolded protein response represses differentiation through the RPD3-SIN3 histone deacetylase. The EMBO journal. 2004;23(11):2281-92.[Crossref]
-  Walter P, Ron D. The unfolded protein response: from stress pathway to homeostatic regulation. Science. 2011;334(6059):1081-6.[WoS]
-  Ma Y, Hendershot LM. The role of the unfolded protein response in tumour development: friend or foe? Nature reviews Cancer. 2004;4(12):966-77.[PubMed][Crossref]
-  Ghosh R, Lipson KL, Sargent KE, Mercurio AM, Hunt JS, Ron D, et al. Transcriptional regulation of VEGF-A by the unfolded protein response pathway. PloS one. 2010;5(3):e9575.
-  Garber K. Researchers target unfolded protein response in cancerous tumor growth. Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2006;98(8):512-4.
-  Lee AS. GRP78 induction in cancer: therapeutic and prognostic implications. Cancer research. 2007;67(8):3496-9.
-  Pyrko P, Schonthal AH, Hofman FM, Chen TC, Lee AS. The unfolded protein response regulator GRP78/BiP as a novel target for increasing chemosensitivity in malignant gliomas. Cancer research. 2007;67(20):9809-16.[WoS]
-  Tanaka S, Uehara T, Nomura Y. Up-regulation of proteindisulfide isomerase in response to hypoxia/brain ischemia and its protective effect against apoptotic cell death. The Journal of biological chemistry. 2000;275(14):10388-93.
-  Kaiser BK, Yim D, Chow IT, Gonzalez S, Dai Z, Mann HH, et al. Disulphide-isomerase-enabled shedding of tumourassociated NKG2D ligands. Nature. 2007;447(7143):482-6.[WoS]
-  Ranganathan AC, Adam AP, Zhang L, Aguirre-Ghiso JA. Tumor cell dormancy induced by p38SAPK and ER-stress signaling: an adaptive advantage for metastatic cells? Cancer biology & therapy. 2006;5(7):729-35.
-  Ranganathan AC, Zhang L, Adam AP, Aguirre-Ghiso JA. Functional coupling of p38-induced up-regulation of BiP and activation of RNA-dependent protein kinase-like endoplasmic reticulum kinase to drug resistance of dormant carcinoma cells. Cancer research. 2006;66(3):1702-11.
-  Rodvold JJ, Mahadevan NR, Zanetti M. Lipocalin 2 in cancer: when good immunity goes bad. Cancer letters. 2012;316(2):132-8.[WoS]
-  Mahadevan NR, Rodvold J, Sepulveda H, Rossi S, Drew AF, Zanetti M. Transmission of endoplasmic reticulum stress and pro-inflammation from tumor cells to myeloid cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2011;108(16):6561-6.[PubMed]
-  Mahadevan NR, Zanetti M. Tumor stress inside out: cellextrinsic effects of the unfolded protein response in tumor cells modulate the immunological landscape of the tumor microenvironment. J Immunol. 2011;187(9):4403-9.[WoS]
-  Cramer P, Hallek M. Hematological cancer in 2011: New therapeutic targets and treatment strategies. Nature reviews Clinical oncology. 2012;9(2):72-4.[WoS]
-  Healy SJ, Gorman AM, Mousavi-Shafaei P, Gupta S, Samali A. Targeting the endoplasmic reticulum-stress response as an anticancer strategy. European journal of pharmacology. 2009;625(1-3):234-46.[WoS]
-  Schleicher SM, Moretti L, Varki V, Lu B. Progress in the unraveling of the endoplasmic reticulum stress/autophagy pathway and cancer: implications for future therapeutic approaches. Drug resistance updates : reviews and commentaries in antimicrobial and anticancer chemotherapy. 2010;13(3):79-86.[PubMed]
-  Liu Y, Ye Y. Proteostasis regulation at the endoplasmic reticulum: a new perturbation site for targeted cancer therapy. Cell research. 2011;21(6):867-83.[WoS][Crossref][PubMed]
-  Marx J. Cell biology. A stressful situation. Science. 2006;313(5793):1564-6.
Publication order reference