Technical and Economic Aspects of Photovoltaic Conversion of Southern Poland
Aspekty Techniczne I Ekonomiczne Konwersji Fotowoltaicznej w Warunkach Polski Południowej
Languages of publication
The article presents the results of a 13-year tests and analysis of performance and energy and electrical charge yield for typical photovoltaic modules made of different absorbers. Modules were installed on the south wall of Opole University building (at kard. B. Kominka Street). Registered in this period (2001-2013) values energy and charge of tested modules are presented in reference to 1 Wp their nominal power and to 1 m2 of PV modules. Their annual and monthly distributions, with particular emphasis on the seasonal changes of its parameters and phenomena of aging and degradation of the PV modules structure were shown. In the final part of the article was presented an economic analysis of the profitability of investment in 20 kWp grid connected PV system with and without implemented the program to support investment in renewable energy, which respect to the newly implemented in Poland Act on RES.
8 - 7 - 2014
-  Wacławek M, Rodziewicz T. Ogniwa słoneczne. Wpływ środowiska naturalnego na ich pracę. Warszawa: WNT; 2011.
-  Planning and Installing Photovoltaic System: A guide for installers, architects and engineers. Editors. James&James/Earthscan (Science Publishers) Ltd in UK and USA; 2005; 49-75.
-  IEC 61724: Photovoltaic System Performance Monitoring - Guidelines for Measurement, Data Exchange and Analysis.
-  Blaesser G, Munro D. Guidelines for the Assessment of Photovoltaic Plants. Analysis and Presentation of Monitoring Data. ECSC-EC-EAEC. Luxemburg: 1993.
-  IEC-60904-3: Photovoltaic devices. Part 3: Measurement principles for terrestrial photovoltaic (PV) solar devices with reference spectral irradiance data. Geneva: 1989.
-  IEC-60891: Procedures for temperature and irradiance corrections to measure I-V characteristics of crystalline silicon photovoltaic devices. Geneva: 1987.
-  Coors S, Böhm M. Validation and comparison of curve correction procedures for silicon solar cells. Proc 14th EC PVSEC. Barcelona: 1997; 220-223.
-  Coors S, Böhm M. Application of the two-exponential model to correction procedure for silicon solar cells. 1st EuroSun (1996). 614-619.
-  Luque A, Hegedus S, editors. Handbook of Photovoltaic Science and Engineering. Chichester, England: John Wiley & Sons; 2003.
-  Anderson AJ. An energy rating concept for photovoltaic modules. Final Report for Task 2.0. NREL subcontract No. TAD-4-14166-01 (1995).
-  IEC 61853 (draft 82/254): Performance testing and energy rating of terrestrial photovoltaic (PV) modules.
-  Żdanowicz T, Rodziewicz T, Wacławek M. Evaluation of actual PV Modules Performance in Low Insolation Conditions. Opto-Electronics Review. 2001;9(4):361-366.
-  Rodziewicz T, Teneta J, Zaremba A, Wacławek M. Analysis of solar energy resources in Southern Poland for photovoltaic applications. Ecol Chem Eng S. 2013;20(1):177-198.
-  Internet shop: http://pvshop.eu/.
Publication order reference