Analysis of the Distribution of Chemical Compounds from Fly Ash Exposed to Weather Conditions
Languages of publication
The paper presents investigation results of the migration of a chemical compound contained in fly ash deposited on a dry furnace waste landfill site exposed to weather conditions. Climate conditions are able to significantly affect chemical component distribution in a block of deposited, moving chemical compounds to different depths. The main aim of the investigations was to determine the chemical component distribution of deposited fly ash in the landfill. Identification of chemical components based on XRF analysis indicated the existence of differences in both tested storage layer and the fraction of fly ash.
1 - 9 - 2014
13 - 3 - 2014
17 - 10 - 2014
21 - 2 - 2013
21 - 5 - 2014
- Czestochowa University of Technology, Department of Engineering and Environmental Protection, Institute of Advanced Energy Technologies, ul. Dąbrowskiego 73, 42 –200 Częstochowa, Poland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Czestochowa University of Technology, Department of Engineering and Environmental Protection, Institute of Advanced Energy Technologies, ul. Dąbrowskiego 73, 42 –200 Częstochowa, Poland
- Adamek E., Kobus A., 1996. Impact of power plant wastes landfill on the environment, methods of protection. Energetics, 10, 557-562 (in Polish).
- Choi S.K., Lee S., Song Y.K., Moon H.S., 2002. Leaching characteristics of selected Korean fly ashes and its implications for the groundwater composition near the ash disposal mound. Fuel, 81, 1083-1090. DOI: 10.1016/S0016-2361(02)00006-6.[Crossref]
- Hycnar J.J., Szczygielski T., 2008. Perspectives for the coal combustion-based power industry. The International Conference Eurocoalash. Warsaw, Poland, 6-8 October 2008, 87- 101 (in Polish).
- Hycnar J.H., Szczygielski T., Jarema-Suchorowska S., 2010. Ash landfills from coal combustion source of minerals. The Conference on Energy Industry Ash. Warsaw, Poland, 24-26 October 2010, 311-325 (in Polish).
- Kapuściński T., Strzałkowska E., 2005. Extraction of basic and trace elements from combustion wastes located in mining excavations. Miner. Resour. Manage., 21, Book 3, 37- 46 (in Polish).
- Klojzy-Kaczmarczyk B., Mazurek J. 2003. Effect of leachate from municipal and industrial landfills on the quality of the aquatic environment. Technical Transactions, 94-97: 5-12 (in Polish).
- Kwiatkowska B., Cierpiszewski R., Domka F., 2006. The effect of acid precipitations on the texture of fly ashes and the content of bioavailable metals. Ecol. Technol., 14, 53-58 (in Polish).
- Lecuyer I., Bicocchi S., Ausset P., Lefever R., 1996. Physico-chemical characterization and leaching of desulphurization coal fly ash. Waste Manage. Res., 14, 15-28. DOI: 10.1177/0734242X9601400103.[Crossref]
- Łączny M.J., Adamski M., 2002. Ion transport model of the energetic wastes. The Works and Studies of IPIŚ PAN 2001 no. 56, Ossolineum Publishers, Zabrze 2002 (in Polish).
- Quant B., 2000. Sludge from municipal waste water treatment plants in retreating the grate waste storage yards. Ecol. Technol., 8, 95-99 (in Polish).
- Rosik-Dulewska Cz., Karwaczyńska U., 2008. Methods of leaching contaminants from mineral waste in the aspect of its potential utilization in hydrotechnical construction. Middle Pomeranian Scientific Society of the Environment Protection, Annual Set The Environment Protection, 10, 205-219 (in Polish).
- Sambor A., Szymanek A., 2012. Investigation of the distribution of chemical components in selected landfill layers and fly ash fractions. Chem. Process Eng., 33, 221-229. DOI: 10.2478/v10176-012-0019-9.[Crossref][WoS]
- Strzałkowska E., 2004. Impact of coal combustion technology to flue gas desulphurization used in power plant "Łaziska" on the properties of formed slags and ashes in terms of their impact on the environment. PhD thesis, University of Silesia, Gliwice 2004.
- Uliasz-Bocheńczyk U., Majchrzak H., Mokrzycki E., 2010. The prospects of hard and brown coal in Poland and in the European Union. 21 The World Energy Congress in Montreal. Canada, Mining Overview, 12-16 September, 2010, 3-4.
- Watanabe Y., Tanosaki T., Ishikawa Y., Lin J., 2008. Characterization of fly ash in terms of impact on the environment - the case of the East Asian region. The International Conference EUROCOALASH. 6-8 October 2008, Warsaw, 42-69.
- Woźniak M., Żygadło M., 2002. Assessing the influence of climate factors on the chemical stability of fly ash deposited on wet landfills. Ochrona Środowiska, 2, 17- 21 (in Polish).
- Woźniak M., Klisik A., 2007. Impact on groundwater leachate from ash landfills. The Cracow Conference of Young Scientists 2007. 369-376 (in Polish).
Publication order reference