Experiments On Additive Desulphurisation By Sodium Bicarbonate In Coal-Fuel Boilers
Languages of publication
This paper describes experiments on the application of sodium bicarbonate desulphurisation in the coal-fuel boiler. The boiler has been in operation for several years now and it has refiably fulfilled the original assignment to reduce SO2 emissions from the value of 1200 - 1500 mg/Nm3 to 400 mg/Nm3. Higher desulphurisation efficiency is determined only by the ratio of Na/S sorbent dosage. The resulting product of desulphurisation is stored together with fly ash in underground mines, and has no influence on the groundwater. Positive experience of the tests and boiler operation lies in higher reactivity of sodium and sulphur as compared with conventional methods based on limestone. Within the scope of the secondary measures of elimination of sulphur oxides in combustion products, an experimental dry-method desulphurisation of combustion products was performed by blasting an agent containing sodium bicarbonate NaHCO3 (99.6 %) into the flue ways before the electrostatic precipitator in a coal-fuel furnace with the steam output of 220 t/h.
1 - 03 - 2013
02 - 04 - 2013
- Galos K.A., Smakowski T.S., Szlugaj J., 2003. Flue-gas desulphurisation products from polish coal-fired powerplants. Appl. Energy, 75, 257-265. DOI: 10.1016/S0306-2619(03)00039-4.[Crossref]
- Halstead W.D., Raask E., 1969. The behaviour of sulphur and chlorine compounds in pulverised coal-fired boilers. J. Inst. Fuel, 42, 344-349.
- Joutsenoja T., 1998. Pyrometric thermometry and sizing of fuel particles in combustion. PhD Thesis, Tampere University of Technology, The Finland.
- Lindner E.R., Wall T.F., 1990. Sodium ash reactions during combustion of pulverised coal. 23rd Symposium(International) on Combustion. Orléans, France, 22-27 July 1990, 1313-1321. DOI: 10.1016/S0082-0784(06)80395-4.[Crossref]
- Maier H., Schrofelbauer H., Filipot H., 1990. Process and device for the desulphurisation of flue gas from combustion plants. European Patent No. EP 0161497 (B1). European Patent Office.
- Meij R., Van der Kooij J., Van der Sluys J.L.G., Siepman F.G.C., Van der Sloot H. A., 1984. Characteristics of emitted fly ash and trace elements from utility boilers fired with pulverised coal. KEMA Scientific & TechnicalReports 2 (1), Arnhem.
- Szeliga Z., Juchelkova D., Cech B., Kolat P., Winter F., Campen A.J, Wiltowski T.S., 2008. Potential of alternative sorbents for desulphurisation: from laboratory tests to the full-scale combustion unit. Energy fuels, 22, 3080-3088. DOI: 10.1021/ef800218t.[Crossref][WoS]
- Uberoi M., Shadman F., 1990. Sorbents for the removal of lead compounds from hot flue gases. AICHE J., 36, 307-309. DOI: 10.1002/aic.690360220.[Crossref]
Publication order reference