Modelling and analysis of lower limb joint loads during the Naeryo chagi technique in taekwondo
Languages of publication
Study aim: estimate reaction forces and muscle torque in lower limb joints during the Naeryo chagi technique in taekwondo.Material and methods: the parameters of the Naeryo chagi kick were measured with a Vicon motion tracking system comprising ten MX T40S cameras, two reference cameras and four AMTI BP600900-2000 force plates. Additional measurements were performed using the BTS-4AP-2K force analysis system equipped with a WB-4AP punching bag. The acquired raw data were processed and synchronized using Matlab v.R2007a software. A computer simulation created on the basis of the adopted mathematical model was used to identify reaction forces and control moments.Results: the highest joint loads occurred at the moment when the striking leg reversed its movement direction from rising to rapidly falling towards the target. The knee and ankle joints of the supporting leg were subject to greatest reaction forces and muscle torque.Conclusions: it is recommended to follow an exercise routine aimed at strengthening and stabilizing the structures of motor system subject to the greatest load.
11 - 12 - 2014
- 1. Bercades L., W. Pieter (2006) A biomechanical analysis of the modified taekwondo axe kick. Journal of Asian Martial Arts., 15(4): 8-19.
- 2. Blajer W., A. Czaplicki, K. Dziewiecki, Z. Mazur (2010) Influence of selected modeling and computational issues. Multibody Syst. Dyn., 24: 473-492. DOI 10.1007/s11044-010-9216-9[Crossref][WoS]
- 3. Blajer W., K. Dziewiecki, Z. Mazur (2007) Multibody modeling of human body for the inverse dynamics analysis of sagittal plane movements. Multibody Syst. Dyn., 18(12): 217-232. DOI 10.1007/s11044-007-9090-2[WoS][Crossref]
- 4. Blajer W., K. Dziewiecki, Z. Mazur (2011) AN alternative scheme for determination of joint reaction forces in human multibody modelas. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, 43(4): 813-824.
- 5. Czaplicki A. (2007) Optymalizacja sposobu zadawania ciosu ap-chagi, [Performance optimization of an ap-chagi kick]. Modelowanie inżynierskie., 33: 43-48.
- 6. Czaplicki A., T. Sacewicz, J. Jaszczuk (2011) Identyfikacja i optymalizacja wyprowadzania ciosu mae-geri, [Identification and performance optimization of a mae-geri kick]. Modelowanie inżynierskie., 42: 99-104.
- 7. Pędzich W., A. Mastalerz, Cz. Urbanik (2006) The comparision of the dynamics of selected leg strokes in taekwondo WTF. Acta Bioeng. Biomech., 8(1): 83-90.
- 8. Tsai J., G. Gu, C. Lee, C. Huang, C. Tsai (2005) The biomechanical analysis of the taekwondo front-leg axe-kick. 23 International Symposium on Biomechanics in Sports., Beijing, China.
- 9. Wąsik J. (2007) Power breaking in taekwon-do – physical analysis. Arch Budo., 3: 68-71.
- 10. Wąsik J. (2009) Chosen aspects of physics in martial arts. Arch Budo., 5: 11-14.
- 11. Wąsik J. (2014) Factors influencing the effectiveness of axe kick in taekwon-do. Arch Budo., 10: 29-36.
- 12. Zatsiorsky V.M., (1998) Kinematics of Human Motion, Human Kinetics., Champaign.
Publication order reference