Moravia: A 3-, 8-connected cubic structural pattern in space group Pm3m
Languages of publication
This paper describes the crystal structure of a novel, hypothetical 3-,8-connected cubic structural pattern with the binary stoichiometry A3B8. The novel pattern lies in space group Pm3m, number 221. It possesses the Wells point symbol (4468812)3(43)8 and has the Wellsean Schläfli index (6, 4.3636). It is derived from the Andreini space filling arrangement of octahedra and cuboctahedra by replacing the areas where there are face-sharing of the polyhedra with the inscription of 3-connected, trigonal planar vertices, and retaining the points where the polyhedra share vertices in cube coordination. The structure-type could be representative of a binary metal oxide in which the metal cation attains a relatively high oxidation state of 51/3+. Possible metal oxide models for the structure-type include M3O8 (where M is a Group 6 or 7 elements).
1 - 3 - 2005
1 - 3 - 2005
- Department of Chemistry and Physics, Georgia College & State University, CBX 82, 31061, Milledgeville, GA, USA
- Theoretical Chemistry Division, The Research Institute of Theoretical and Applied Physical Chemistry, Suc. 4, C.C. 16, 1900, La Plata, Argentina, email@example.com
-  M. O’Keeffe and B.G. Hyde: Crystal Structures I. Patterns and Symmetry, Mineralogical Society of America, Washington, D.C., 1996.
-  A.F. Wells: Structural Inorganic Chemistry, 4th Ed., Oxford University Press, Oxford, U.K., 1984.
-  A.F. Wells: Three Dimensional Nets and Polyhedra, 1st Ed., John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1977, p. 147.
-  O. Eisenstein, R. Hoffmann and A.T. Balaban: “Hypothetical Strain-Free Oligoradicals”, PNAS, Vol. 77, (1980), pp. 5588–5592. http://dx.doi.org/10.1073/pnas.77.10.5588[Crossref]
-  “Space Group Symmetry”, In: T. Hahn (Ed.): International Tables for Crystallography, Vol. A, 4th Ed., Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht/Boston/London, 1995.
-  L. Euler: “Elementa doctrinae solidorum and Demonstratio nonnularum insignium proprietatum quibus solida heddris planis inclusa sunt praedita”, Proceedings of the St. Petersburg Academy, 1758.
-  A.F. Wells: Three Dimensional Nets and Polyhedra, 1st Ed., John Wiley and Sons Inc., New York, 1977.
-  M.J. Bucknum: “Effects of Spiroconjugation in the Electronic Band Structure of Glitter”, Carbon, Vol. 35(1), (1997).
-  M. Henle: A Combinatorial Introduction to Topology, 1st Ed., W.H., Freeman and Company, San Francisco, CA, 1979, p. 9.
-  M.J. Bucknum: “Calculating Topological Indexes of Networks from the Corresponding Wells Point Symbol”, Chemistry Preprint Archive, Vol. 2, (2002), pp. 127–166.
-  C. Kittel: Introduction to Solid State Physics, 6th Ed., Wiley, New York, 1986.
Publication order reference