Functionalization of polyolefins by reactive processing
Languages of publication
From the study of the modification of PE and PP with maleic anhydride, maleic acid and an acid salt of maleic acid (sodium maleate) in a liquid or solid state, it was shown that the main controlling factor in the solid state modification of polyolefins is the joint plastic deformation of the system components. The changes of molecular characteristics were investigated by gel permeation chromatography. It was shown, that the molecular weight of modified PP samples increases at times by linking with intermolecular associates in the solutions. The formation of associates plays essential role in the behaviour of solutions of modified PP. The morphology of modified PP samples was investigated by scanning electron microscopy. It was shown, that intermolecular association strongly influences on the processes of formation and growth of nucleus and the structure of generated polymeric materials.
1 - 9 - 2003
1 - 9 - 2003
-  E. Borsig: “Solid-phase functionalization isotactic PP with MA. Influence solvents and additives on level reaction”, J. Macromol. Sci. Pure, Vol. 31, (1994), pp. 1447–1454.
-  N.G. Gaylord, R. Mehta, D.R. Mohan, V. Kumar: “Maleation of linear low-density polyethylene by reactive processing”, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., Vol. 44, (1992), pp. 1941–1949. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/app.1992.070441109[Crossref]
-  V. Khunova and Z. Zamorsky: “Maleic anhydride grafted polypropylene (solid phase)”, The Polymeric Materials Enncyclopedia © CRC Press, Inc, Vol. 6, (1996), pp. 3983–3988.
-  A.S. Bratawidjaja, I. Gitopadmoyo, Y. Watanabe, T. Hatakeyama: “Adhesive property of polypropylene modified with maleic anhydride by extrusion molding”, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., Vol. 37, (1989), pp. 1141. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/app.1989.070370424[Crossref]
-  R. Rengarajan, M. Vicic, S. Lee: “Solid phase graft copolymerization. I. Effect initiator and catalyst”, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., Vol. 39, (1990), pp. 1783–1791. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/app.1990.070390815[Crossref]
-  N.S. Enikolopov, M.D. Sizova, L.O. Bunina, S.N. Zelenetskii, V.P. Volkov, N.Yu. Artem’eva: “Solid phase modification of polyolefines and the preparation of composite materials”, Polymer Science Ser. A, Vol. 36, (1994), pp. 498.
-  V.P. Volkov, L.O. Bunina, M.D. Sizova, S.N. Zelenetskii, N.Yu. Artem’eva, N.A. Egorova, V.P. Nikol’skaya, E.S. Obolonkova, N.G. Ryvkina, A.B. Gil’man, S.L. Kotova: “Mechanochemical modification of polyolefines by polar monomers at the solid state”, Plast. Massy, No. 3, (1997), pp. 25.
-  V.A. Kabanov (Ed.): Practical works on high molecular weight junctions, Chemistry, Moscow, 1985, pp. 106.
-  A.N. Zelenetskii, M.D. Sizova, V.P. Volkov, N.Yu. Artem’eva, N.A. Egorova, V.P. Nikol’skaya: “Solid-state mechanochemical modification of polyolefins”, Polymer Science Ser. A, Vol. 41, (1999), pp. 520–526.
-  V.V. Boldyrev: “Mechanochemistry and mechanical activation”, Mater. Sci. Forum, Vol. 225–227, (1996), pp. 511–520. http://dx.doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.225-227.511[Crossref]
-  V.V. Boldyrev, S.V. Pavlov, V.A. Polyboyarov, A.V. Dushkin: “To a question on an action efficiency estimation of the various machines as mechanical activators”, Inorganic mater., Vol. 31, (1995), pp. 1128–1138.
-  A.A. Zharov: “The polymerisation of solid monomers under conditions of deformation at high pressure”, Usp. Khim., Vol. 53, (1984), pp. 236.
-  V.A. Zhorin: “The processes accompanying plastic flow under high pressure in polymers and low-molecular substances (review)”, Polymer Science Ser. A, Vol. 36, (1994), pp. 579.
Publication order reference