Combined laser and magnetic field treatment of YFeO3-containing films grown by spray-pyrolysis
Languages of publication
Thin films (50–1200 nm) of YFeO3 were deposited on fused silica substrates by spray-pyrolysis using ethylene glycol solution of Y-Fe(III) citric complexes. The films were post deposition annealed at 750°C in static air for 2 h. Films obtained in this way were afterwards irradiated by a burst mode operated Nd-YAG laser (pulse energy 650 mJ, pulse duration 700 μs, energy density 110 mJ/cm2). The laser’s onset was synchronized with that of a magnetic field pulse of nearly square shape (magnetic induction 0.5 T, pulse duration 900 μs). The samples were placed normally to the direction of the magnetic field. The treatment does not affect the phase composition of the film but significantly increases the crystallite sizes of the phases presenting in the sample. The saturation magnetization of the films decreases as a result of the laser and magnetic field treatment and the coercive force increases by 50%.
1 - 3 - 2004
1 - 3 - 2004
-  R. Krishnan, A. Lisfi, M. Guyot and V. Cagan: “Preparation and properties of pulsed laser deposited YFeO3 films”, J. Magn. Magn. Materials, Vol. 147, (1995), pp. L221-L224. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0304-8853(95)00302-9[Crossref]
-  N. Petrova, R. Todorovska, D. Todorovsky, V. Novakova and St. Groudeva-Zotova: “Yttrium-iron tartaric complexes as a potential precursor for spray-pyrolysis deposition of YFeO3 thin films”, J. Chem. Metal. Univ., (in press).
-  R. Todorovska, St. Groudeva-Zotova, D. Todorovsky, G. Tzvetkov and P. Stefanov: “Highly crystalline Y3Fe5O12 thin films by citric spray-pyrolysis”, J. Mat. Synth. Proc., Vol. 10, (2002), pp. 283–288. http://dx.doi.org/10.1023/A:1023050311111[Crossref]
-  R. Todorovska, St. Groudeva-Zotova and D. Todorovsky: “Spray-pyrolysis deposition of α-Fe2O3 thin films using iron(III) citric complexes”, Mat. Lett., Vol. 56, (2002), pp. 770–774. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0167-577X(02)00611-0[Crossref]
-  R. Todorovska, N. Petrova and D. Todorovsky: “Spray-pyrolysis deposition of Y2O3 thin films using citric complexes as starting material”, C. R. acad. Bulg. Sci., Vol. 56, (2003), pp. 41–44.
-  N. Petrova, R. Todorovska, D. Todorovsky and D. Shopova: “Yttrium-zirconium citric complexes as starting materials for preparations of YSZ powders and layers” In: Proc. 8 th Eur. Cer. Soc., 29 June-03 July, 2003, Istanbul, Turkey, (in press).
-  M. Koleva, P. Atanasov, R. Tomov, O. Vankov, C. Matin, C. Ristoscu, I. Mihailescu and D. Iorgov: “Pulsed laser deposition of barium hexaferrite (BaFe12O19) thin films”, Appl. Surf. Sci., Vol. 154–155, (2000), pp. 485–491. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0169-4332(99)00404-3[Crossref]
-  N. Mihailov, R. Todorovska, St. Groudeva-Zotova, O. Vankov, Ch. Ghelev and D. Todorovsky. “Combined laser-magnetic field treatment of Y3Fe5O12 films grown by spray-pyrolysis from Y-Fe-citric complexes initial solution” In: Proc. SPIE, Vol. 4397, (2001), p. 324–327.
-  D. Todorovsky, D. Dumanova, R. Todorovska and M. Getzova: “Preparation and characterization of yttrium-iron citric acid complexes”, Croat. Chim. Acta, Vol. 75, (2002), pp. 155–164.
-  D. Todorovsky, D.R. Todorovska and St. Groudeva-Zotova: “Thermal decomposition of yttrium-iron citrates prepared in ethylene glycol medium”, Mat. Lett., Vol. 55, (2002), pp. 41–45. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0167-577X(01)00616-4[Crossref]
-  N. Petrova, R. Todorovska, D. Todorovsky, V. Novakova and St. Groudeva-Zotova: “Synthesis and characterization of yttrium and yttrium-iron tartaric complexes prepared in ethylene glycol medium”, Ann. Univ. Sofia, Fac. Chim., Vol. 96, (2003) (in press).
Publication order reference