Transverse magnetic scattering of two incident plane waves by a dielectric coated cylindrical reflector
Languages of publication
Scattering characteristics of two plane waves are investigated for a circular cylinder covered by a dielectric substance. Fields are assumed to be transverse magnetic (TM) and represented in an exponential series form. The diffracted radiations are found by applying the boundary conditions to the wave functions. The wave transformation method and the orthogonality of the exponential functions are respectively employed to obtain an infinite series in the solution. Numerical results are evaluated by reducing the infinite series to a finite number of terms and comparing estimates with the single plane wave scattering situation.
1 - 6 - 2005
1 - 6 - 2005
-  C. Tan: “Backscattering from a Dielectric-Coated Infinite Cylindrical Obstacles”, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 28(5), pp. 628–633, (1957). http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.1722815[Crossref]
-  B.K. Sachdeva and R.A. Hurd: “Scattering by a Dielectric-Loaded Trough in a Conducting Plane”, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 48(4), (1977), pp. 1473–1476. http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.323863[Crossref]
-  N. Wang: “Electromagnetic Scattering from a Dielectric-Coated Circular Cylinder”, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 33(9), (1985), pp. 960–963. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TAP.1985.1143696[Crossref]
-  M. Hinders and A. Yaghjian: “Dual-Series Solution to Scattering from a Semicircular Channel in a Ground Plane”, IEEE Microwaves and Guided Waves Letters, Vol. 1(9), (1991), pp. 239–242. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/75.84600[Crossref]
-  J. Wait: “Scattering of a Plane Wave from a Circular Dielectric Cylinder at Oblique Incidence”, Canadian Journal of Physics, Vol. 33(5), (1955), pp. 189–195. [Crossref]
-  J. Richmond: “Scattering by a Conducting Elliptic Cylinder with Dielectric Coating”, Radio Science, Vol. 23, (1988), pp. 1061–1066.
-  H.A. Ragheb and L. Shafai: “Electromagnetic Scattering from a Dielectric-Coated Elliptic Cylinder”, Canadian Journal of Physics, Vol. 66, (1988), pp. 1115–1122.
-  G. Cincotti, F. Gori, M. Santarsiero, F. Frezza, F. Furno and G. Schettini “Plane Wave Expansion of Cylindrical Functions”, Optics Communications, Vol. 95, (1993), pp. 192–198. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0030-4018(93)90661-N[Crossref][WoS]
-  P. Burghignoli and P. Cupis: “Plane Wave Expansion of Non-Integer Cylindrical Functions”, Optics Communications, Vol. 199, (2001), pp. 17–23. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0030-4018(01)01555-3[Crossref][WoS]
-  R.F. Harrington:Time-Harmonic Electromagnetic Fields, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 2001.
-  J.A. Stratton:Electromagnetic Theory, McGraw-Hill, Inc., New York, 1941.
-  J.R. Wait:Electromagnetic Radiation from Cylindrical Structures, Institution of Electrical Engineers, London, 1988.
-  J.J. Bowman, T.B.A. Senior and P.L.E. Uslenghi:Electromagnetic and Acoustic Scattering by Simple Shapes, Hemisphere Publishing Corporation, 1987.
-  D.K. Cheng:Field and Wave Electromagnetics, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Reading, 1983.
-  J. Richmond and M. Gilreath: “Flush-Mounted Dielectric-Loaded Axial Slot on Circular Cylinder”, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 23(3), (1975), pp. 348–351. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TAP.1975.1141092[Crossref]
-  J. Wait and W. Mientka: “Slotted-Cylinder Antenna With a Dielectric Coating”, Journal of Research of the National Bureau of Standards, Vol. 58(6), (1957), pp. 287–296.
-  R.F. Harrington:Introduction to Electromagnetic Engineering, Dover Publications, Inc., Mineola, 2003.
Publication order reference