Laser assisted selective chemical metalization of Al2O3 films
Languages of publication
Thick aluminum oxide films are prepared on Al plates by anodizing. On the ceramic surface thus obtained a very thin Ag film is deposited via vacuum thermal evaporation. The Ag/Al2O3/Al samples prepared are irradiated by Nd:YAG laser through a suitable metal mask in order to remove the top metal film in the exposed areas. Thus, a negative silver image of the copied mask is obtained. Further, the samples are processed in Ni electroless chemical bath activated by the rest of silver. All processing steps are studied by scanning electron microscopy (SEM). EDS X-ray mapping is applied to study the final distribution of Al and Ni in the processed areas. In addition, the DC conductivity of the fabricated Ni wires obtained is measured. The proposed new method for selective chemical deposition of electroconductive Ni onto laser microstructured Ag/Al2O3/Al samples is simple, versatile and not restricted to the metal/ceramic system studied as well as to the electroless deposited metal.
1 - 12 - 2005
1 - 12 - 2005
-  J. Gong, Q. Cheng, W. Fei and S. Seal: “Micromachined nanocrystalline SnO2 gas sensor for electronic nose”, Sens. Actuators B, Vol. 102, (2004), pp. 117–125. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2004.02.055[Crossref]
-  S. T. Kim, M. S. Park and H. M. Kim: “Systematic approach for the evaluation of the optimal fabrication conditions of a H2S gas sensor with Taguchi method”, Sens. Actuators B, Vol. 102, (2004), pp. 253–260. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2004.04.029[Crossref]
-  T. Tong, J. Li, Q. Chen, J. P. Longtion, S. Tankiewicz and S. Sampath: “Utrafast laser micromachining of thermal sprayed coatings for mcroheaters: design, fabrication and characterization”, Sens. Actuators A, Vol. 114, (2004), pp. 102–111. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2004.02.012[Crossref]
-  M. Baroncini, P. Placidi, G. C. Cardinali and A. Scorzoni: “Thermal characterization of a microheater for micromachined gas sensor”, Sens. Actuators A, Vol. 115, (2004), pp. 8–14. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2004.03.012[Crossref]
-  W. I. Jang, C. A. Choi, C. H. Jun, Y. T. Kim and M. Esashi: “Surface micromachined thermally driven micropump”, Sens. Actuators A, Vol. 115, pp. 151–158.
-  S. Dinev: The lasers in the modern technologies, Alfa, Sofia, 1993 (in Bulgarian).
-  D. Hellrung, L. Y. Yeh, F. Depiereux, A. Gillner and R. Poprawe: “High-accuracy micromachining of ceramics by frequency-tripled Nd:YAG-lasers”, SPIE, Vol. 3618, (1999), pp. 348–356.
-  K. Starbova, V. Mankov, N. Starbov, D. Popov, D. Nihtianova, K. Kolev and L. D. Laude: “Phase transition in excimer laser irradiated zirconia thin films”, Appl. Surf. Sci., Vol. 173, (2001), pp. 177–183. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0169-4332(00)00830-8[Crossref]
-  E. Krumov, K. Starbova, D. Popov, G. Schlaghecken and E. W. Kreutz: “Excimer laser modification of electron-beam deposited alumina thin films”, In: E. Balabanova and I. Dragieva (Eds.): Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Heron press, Sofia, 2005.
-  K. Starbova, E. Krumov, M. Radoeva, N. Starbov, D. Popov, G. Schlaghecken and E. W. Kreutz: “Laser assisted surface microstructuring of Me/ZrO2 bilayered thin film system”, Appl. Surf. Sci., Vol. 217, (2003), pp. 118–124. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0169-4332(03)00526-9[Crossref]
Publication order reference