Brand Products of Regional Cuisine in the Promotion of Tourism in Roztocze
Languages of publication
Introduction. There has been a trend over the last few years of using specialties of regional cuisine as an independent tourist attraction. The creation of local brands is an important element in the promotion of a given region and it also influences the development of culinary tourism. The aim of the studies conducted was to identify regional dishes - a choice of dishes that could be described as 'brand dishes' and the use of those dishes as tourist attractions in Roztocze. Material and methods. Studies were conducted on a group of students studying tourism and recreation at State Higher School of Vocational Education (PWSZ) in Zamość using a questionnaire. Results. The questionnaire provided an assessment of the levels of knowledge of regional cuisine among Polish and Ukrainian students, identified the most characteristic dishes and selected brand products, and helped to arrive at a suitable method of promotion. Conclusions. Nationality, family customs and selection of local restaurants highly influence knowledge of regional cuisine. Interviewees decided that the most outstanding products from Roztocze were Zwierzyniec beer, and Biłgoraj pie. Regional products should be used as a tourist attraction in Roztocze.
1 - 3 - 2015
15 - 9 - 2014
4 - 11 - 2014
- State Higher School of Vocational Education in Zamość, Institute of Tourism and Recreation
- Józef Piłsudski University of Physical Education in Warsaw, Faculty of Physical Education and Sport in Biała Podlaska, Chair of Physical Education, email@example.com
- 1. Plebańczyk K. (2013). Culinary tourism in the context of balanced development in culture - perspectives for Poland. Turystyka Kulturowa 10, 23-38. [in Polish]
- 2. Tyran E. (2007). Regional and traditional products as an important part of rural tourism offer. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia 6(3), 121-128.
- 3. Borowska A. (2008). Attitudes of European consumers towards traditional and regional products. Zeszyty Naukowe SGGW w Warszawie, Ekonomika i organizacja gospodarki żywnościowej 72, 145-159. [in Polish]
- 4. Matusiak A. (2009). Culinary travels as an element of cultural tourism. Culinary heritage of Górny Śląsk. Turystyka kulturowa 2, 4-19. [in Polish]
- 5. Byszewska I., Szczygilski M., Goszczyński W. (2013). Local products - opportunities and challenges. Forum Aktywizacji Obszarów Wiejskich, 4-27. [in Polish]
- 6. Godlewski G. (2009). Polish tourist brand - products, prospects, strategies. Polish Journal of Sport and Tourism 16(4), 201-208.
- 7. Kuźniar W. (2010). The role of traditional products in the development of agrotourism (following the example of the Podkarpackie Voivodeship). Acta Scientiarum Polonorum. Oeconomia 9(4), 245-254. [in Polish]
- 8. Radzymińska M., Jakubowska D., Smoczyński S.S. (2009). Local and regional products in the Mrągowskie district. Biuletyn Naukowy 30, 53-56. [in Polish]
- 9. www.roztoczewita.pl. Retrieved 25.08.2014.
- 10. www.strategia.lubelskie.pl. Retrieved 25.08.2014.
- 11. Jeżewska-Zychowicz M. (2009). Chosen activities of young consumers in the traditional foods market and their attitudes. Żywność. Nauka. Technologia. Jakość 3(64), 126-136. [in Polish]
- 12. Pomianowski J.F. (2009). Consumer research on regional foods. Biuletyn Naukowy 30, 41-47. [in Polish]
- 13. Radzymińska M., Smoczyński S.S., Staniewska K., Garbowska B., Gątarska A., Jakubowska D. (2009). The market of regional products produced by agrotouristic farms - state and future prospects. Biuletyn Naukowy 30, 57-63. [in Polish]
- 14. Żakowska-Biemans S., Kuc K. (2009). Traditional and regional foods in the opinion and behavior of Polish consumers. Żywność. Nauka. Technologia. Jakość 3(64), 105-114. [in Polish]
- 15. www.ulikroztocze.pl. Retrieved 25.08.2014.
- 16. www.olejarniaswiateczna.pl. Retrieved 25.08.2014.
- 17. www.minrol.gov.pl. Retrieved 25.08.2014.
- 18. Sajdakowska M., Żakowska-Biemans S. (2009). The perception of traditional foods by Polish consumers based on qualitative study. Żywność. Nauka. Technologia. Jakość 3(64), 95-104. [in Polish]
- 19. Sanchez-Canizares M.S., Lopez-Guzman T. (2012). Gastronomy as a tourism resource: profile of the culinary tourist. Current Issues in Tourism 15(3), 229-245.[WoS]
- 20. www.egospodarka.pl. Retrieved 25.08.2014.
- 21. Costa L., Besio K. (2011). Eating Hawai'i local foods and place-making in Hawai'i Regional Cuisine. Social & Cultural Geography 12(8), 839-854.
- 22. Staniewska K., Smoczyński S.S. (2009). Identification of local and regional specialities in the Gołdapskie and Węgorzewskie districts. Biuletyn Naukowy 30, 75-78. [in Polish]
- 23. Buczkowska K. (2014). Local food and beverage products as important tourist souvenirs. Turystyka Kulturowa 1, 47-58.
- 24. Garbowska B., Smoczyński S. (2009). The image of regional and local products in the Giżyckie and Oleckie districts. Biuletyn Naukowy 30, 131-134. [in Polish]
Publication order reference