De Garengeot’s Hernia; Acute Appendicitis In An Incarcerated Femoral Hernia
Languages of publication
Acute appendicitis and incarcerated femoral hernia belong to relatively well known surgical diseases with regard to diagnostic workup and treatment. de Garengeot’s hernia is an entity involving concurrent occurrence of both the above mentioned problems.This paper presents history of a 58-year old female patient who was diagnosed with this extremely rare syndrome. She presented to the Emergency Room of a hospital in Żyrardów due to painful mass in the right groin region, persisting for approximately 24 hours.De Garengeot’s hernia, through combination of two separate surgical entities, is associated with diagnostic difficulties and the therapeutic process occasionally requires unconventional decisions to be taken to improve prognosis.
1 - 7 - 2015
28 - 10 - 2014
7 - 9 - 2015
- 1. Salkade PR, Chung AY F, Law YM: De Garengeot’s hernia: an unusual right groin mass due to acute appendicitis in an incarcerated femoral hernia. Hong Kong Med J 2012; 18(5): 442-45.
- 2. Piperos T, Kalles V, Al Ahwwal Y et al.: Clinical significance of de Garengeot's hernia: A case of acute appendicitis and review of the literature. I J of Surg 2012; vol 3(3): 116-17.
- 3. Ebisawa K, Yamazaki S, Kimura Y et al.: Acute Appendicitis in an Incarcerated Femoral Hernia: A Case of De Garengeot Hernia. Case Rep Gastronterol 2009; 3(3): 313-17
- 4. Caygill P, Nair R, Sajjanshetty M, Francis D: An unusual groin exploration: De Garengeot's hernia. Int J Surg Case Rep 2011; 2(5): 74-75.
- 5. Nguyen ET, Komenaka IK : Strangulated femoral hernia containing a perforated appendix. Can J Surg 2004; 47(1): 68-69.
- 6. Priego P, Lobo E, Moreno I et al.: Acute appendicitis in an incarcerated crural hernia: analysis of our experience. Rev Esp Enferm Dig 2005; 97: 707-15.
- 7. Erdas E, Sias L, Licheri S et al.: De Garengeot hernia with acute appendicitis. G Chir 2013; 34(3): 86-89.
- 8. D'Ambrosio N, Katz D, Hines J: Perforated Appendix Within a Femoral Hernia. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2006; 186: 906-07.
- 9. Ramsingh J, Ali A, Cameron C et al.: De Garengeot’s hernia: diagnosis and surgical management of a rare type of femoral hernia. J Surg Case Rep 2014; (2) rju 008
Publication order reference