Primary Adenocarcinoma in an Oesophageal Gastric Graft – Case Report
Languages of publication
Primary adenocarcinoma in the esophageal gastric graft is a rare complication diagnosed in patients with long-term survival. Most data concerning the diagnosis and treatment of patients with metachronic cancer in esophageal grafts is derived from Japan and South Korea. The diagnosis of cancer in esophageal gastric grafts in the European countries is rare. The study presented a case of a 66-year old male patient who, 30 months after an esophageal squamous cell cancer resection, was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the esophageal gastric graft. Despite control follow-up after the esophagectomy, cancer in the esophageal graft was detected during the stage that prevented performing radical surgery. The study presented the recommended diagnostic procedures and treatment options for esophageal gastric graft cancer, as well as review of available literature data
1 - 2 - 2015
3 - 7 - 2015
30 - 4 - 2014
- 1. Yoon YS, Kim HK, Choi YS et al.: Primary gastric cancer in an oesophageal gastric graft after oesophagectomy. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2011; 40(5): 1181-84.
- 2. Sugiura T, Kato H, Tachimori Y et al.: Second primary carcinoma in the gastric tube constructed as an esophageal substitute after esophagectomy. J Am Coll Surg 2002; 194(5): 578-83.
- 3. Matsubara T, Yamada K, Nakagawa A. Risk of second primary malignancy after esophagectomy for squamous cell carcinoma of the thoracic esophagus. J Clin Oncol 2003; 21(23): 4336-41.
- 4. Koide N, Yazawa K, Koike S et al.: Oesophageal cancer associated with other primary cancers: a study of 31 patients. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 1997; 12(9-10): 690-94.
- 5. Motoyama S1, Saito R, Kitamura M et al.: Outcomes of active operation during intensive followup for second primary malignancy after esophagectomy for thoracic squamous cell esophageal carcinoma. J Am Coll Surg 2003; 197(6): 914-20.
- 6. Koyanagi K, Ozawa S, Ando N et al.: Case report: Metachronous early gastric carcinoma in a reconstructed gastric tube after radical operation for oesophageal carcinoma. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 1998; 13(3): 311-15.
- 7. Jabłoński S1, Piskorz L, Wawrzycki M. Gastric tube resection due to metachronic cancer and a recurrence in anastomosis after Ivor-Lewis esophagectomy-case report. World J Surg Oncol 2012 16; 10: 83.
- 8. Suzuki H, Kitamura M, Saito R et al.: Cancer of the gastric tube reconstructed through the posterior mediastinal route after radical surgery for esophageal cancer. Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2001; 49(7): 466-69.
- 9. Atmani A, Topart P, Vandenbroucke F et al.: Metachronous cancer of gastroplasty after esophagectomy. Dis Esophagus 2006; 19(6): 512-15.
- 10. Okamoto N, Ozawa S, Kitagawa Y et al.: Metachronous gastric carcinoma from a gastric tube after radical surgery for esophageal carcinoma. Ann Thorac Surg 2004; 77(4): 1189-92.
- 11. Akiyama H, Nakayama K: Carcinomas developing in the reconstructed esophagus. Int Adv Surg Oncol 1982; 5: 145-61.
Publication order reference