Laparoscopy-Assisted Total Gastrectomy with D2 Lymphadenectomy and Roux-En-Y Reconstruction - Case Report
Languages of publication
We report a case of patient with stage IIIb gastric cancer qualified for laparoscopy - assisted gastrectomy and our first impressions about this procedure. Total gastrectomy with complete omentectomy and extended lymphadenectomy (D2) was performed laparoscopically. The intestinal continuity was restored in a Roux-en-Y mode extracorporeally through the abdominal access system. The orogastric tube with anvil of the circular stapler was transorally introduced into the esophagus. Subsequently, intracorporeal stapling esophagojejunostomy was performed. There were no complications after the operation and the patient was discharged in good shape. Oncological radicality was sufficient and patient has undergone chemotherapy treatment.
1 - 3 - 2015
7 - 4 - 2014
- 1. Murawa D, Nowaczyk P, Szymkowiak M et al.: Brain metastasis as the first symptom of gastric cancer - case report and literature review. Pol Przegl Chir 2013; 85: 401-06.
- 2. Kulig J, Wallner G, Drews M et al.: Polish consensus on treatment of gastric cancer. Pol Przegl Chir 2013; 85: 544-62.
- 3. Kitano S, Shiraishi N, Uyama I et al.: A multicenter study on oncologic outcome of laparoscopic gastrectomy for early cancer in Japan. Ann of Surg 2007; 245: 68-72.[WoS]
- 4. Kinoshita T, Shibasaki H, Oshiro T et al.: Comparison of laparoscopy-assisted and total laparoscopic Billroth-I gastrectomy for gastric cancer: a report of short-term outcomes. Surg Endosc 2011;25: 1395-1401.[PubMed][Crossref]
- 5. Ahn SH, Lee JH, Park DJ et al.: Comparative study of clinical outcomes between laparoscopy-assisted proximal gastrectomy (LAPG) and laparoscopyassisted totalgastrectomy (LATG) for proximal gastric cancer. Gastric Cancer 2012; Epub ahead of print[WoS]
- 6. Kitano S, Shiraishi N, Fujii K et al.: A randomized controlled trial comparing open vs laparoscopyassisted distal gastrectomy for the treatment of early gastric cancer: an interim report. Surgery 2002; 131: 306-11.
- 7. Lee SI, Choi Y S, Park DJ et al.: Comparative study of laparoscopy-assisted distal gastrectomy and open distal gastrectomy. J Am Coll Surg 2006; 202: 874-80.
- 8. Adachi Y, Suematsu T, Shiraishi N et al.: Quality of life after laparoscopy-assisted Billroth I gastrectomy. Ann Surg 1999; 229: 49-54.
- 9. Adachi Y, Shiraishi N, Shiromizu A et al.: Laparoscopy-assisted Billroth I gastrectomy compared with conventional open gastrectomy. Arch Surg 2000; 135: 806-10.
- 10. Kim MC, Kim KH, Kim HH et al.: Comparison of laparoscopy-assisted by conventional open distal gastrectomy and extra-perigastric lymph node dissection in early gastric cancer. J Surg Oncol 2005; 91: 90-94.
- 11. Huscher CG, Mingoli A, Sgarzini G et al.: Laparoscopic versus open subtotal gastrectomy for distal gastric cancer: five-year results of a randomized prospective trial. Ann Surg 2005; 241: 232-37.
- 12. Hosono S, Arimoto Y, Ohtani H et al.: Metaanalysis of short- term outcomes after laparoscopyassisted distal gastrectomy. World J Gastroenterol 2006; 12: 7676-83.
- 13. Kim MC, Jung GJ, Kim HH: Learning curve of laparoscopy- assisted distal gastrectomy with systemic lymphadenectomy for early gastric cancer. World J Gastroenterol 2005; 11: 7508-11.
- 14. Fujiwara M, Kodera Y, Miura S et al.: Laparoscopy- assisted distal gastrectomy with systemic lymph node dissection: a phase II study following the learning curve. J Surg Oncol 2005; 91: 26-32.
- 15. Jin SH, Kim D Y, Kim H et al.: Multidimensional learning curve in laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy for early gastric cancer. Surg Endosc 2007; 21: 28-33.
Publication order reference