The Analysis the Emergency Protection of Water Reservoirs in Olsztyn
Languages of publication
Within the administrative boundaries of Olsztyn, there are 16 lakes and several artificial swimming facilities. They provide attractive conditions for water recreation and water sports. But are these conditions completely safe?The aim of the study is to get familiar with the safety conditions of water reservoirs in Olsztyn in terms of opportunities for water recreation. In order to solve the addressed problem, the analysis of source materials has been performed, the field research has been conducted and the survey has been applied.The outcome of the research includes the description of the recreational value of these water reservoirs, the identification of potential threats (internal and external) and the evaluation of logistic and emergency protection.
1 - 9 - 2015
19 - 9 - 2015
25 - 6 - 2015
30 - 12 - 2015
- 1. The Act of 18 August 2011 on the safety of persons in water areas,Journal of Laws No. 208, item 1240.
- 2. Regulation of the Minister of Interior of 23 January 2012 on minimum requirementsregarding the number of lifeguards providing permanent control over designated water areas,Journal of Laws of 27 January 2012.
- 3. Regulation of the Minister of Interior of 6 March 2012 on methods of marking and securingwater areas and the examples of prohibition, injunction or information signs and flags,Journal of Laws of 19 March 2012.
- 4. Regulation of the Minister of Interior of 27 February 2012 on requirements relating to rescueand auxiliary equipment, signaling and warning equipment and medical equipment, medicinesand sanitary articles designated water areas, Journal of Laws of 9 March 2012.
- 5. Regulation of the Minister of Interior of 21 June 2012 on the training in water rescue,Journal of Laws of 2 July 2012.
- 6. Entities authorized to perform rescue tasks https://www.msw.gov.pl/pl/bezpieczenstwo/nadzor-nad-ratownictwe/10071,podmioty-uprawnione-dowykonywania-zadan-ratownictwa-gorskiego-i-wodnego.html [cited 2015-11-04].
- 7. Wiesner W., Kowalewski B. The characteristics of entities responsible for water rescue services in Poland,W: State, prospects and development of rescue, physical culture and sports in the XXI century. Vol.1, Rescue / ed. Marek Napierała, Aleksander Skaliy, WSG Bydgoszcz 2015.
- 8. https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/olsztyn [cited 2015-11-04].
- 9. Programme of environmental protection for Olsztyn for years 2011-2014, with the perspective of the year 2018, Olsztyn, 2011, http://www.olsztyn.eu/fileadmin/dokumenty-strategiczne/zal-do-XVIII-284-151211-program-ochrony-srodowiska.pdf [cited 2015-11-04].
- 10. https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/jeziora_w_olsztynie [cited 2015-11-04].
- 11. Bartnikowski A., Olsztyn - the city of 16 lakes, http://naszawarmia.pl/56973,olsztyn-miastem-16-jezior.html#axzz3qEC1hQcM [cited 2015-11-04].
- 12. Which bathing beach to choose. http://olsztyn.wm.pl/292122,ktore-kapielisko-wybrac-i-gdzie-najlepiej-plazowac.html#axzz3psFaMCN3 [cited 2015-11-04].
- 13. Zaręba K., Whereabouts in Olsztyn can one bathe? The list and overview of Olsztyn's bathing beaches http://olsztyn.wm.pl/289882,gdzie-kapac-sie-wolsztynie-lista-i-subiektywny-przeglad-olsztynskich-plaz.html#axzz3qED6KzcQ [cited 2015-11-04].
- 14. Kamińska I. (2015), A water playing ground on an Olsztyn beach, http://www.olsztyn.com.pl/artykul,wodny-plac-zabaw-na-plazy-w-olsztynie, 18733.html [cited 2015-11-04].
- 15. http://www.wsse.olsztyn.pl [cited 2015-11-04].
- 16. Work logs of lifeguards on the bathing beaches of Ukiel lake and swimming pools, Koordynator Terenowy Sp. z o.o., 2015.
- 17. http://infobasen.pl/baseny/olsztyn.html [cited 2015-11-04].
- 18. http://www.aquasfera.olsztyn.eu/pl [cited 2015-11-04].
- 19. http://www.osir.olsztyn.pl/pl/home-pl-pl/item/410-aquasfera-galeria-warminska [cited 2015-11-04].
- 20. Safety audit for the Water Centre of Sport and Recreation in Olsztyn, prepared by a team supervised by W. Wiesner, OSiR Olsztyn, 2012.
- 21. http://www.uwm.edu.pl/basen [cited 2015-11-04].
- 22. http://www.osir.olsztyn.pl/pl/baseny [cited 2015-11-04].
- 23. Samuelson P.A., Nordhaus W.D. (2005), Economics, PWN, Warsaw.
- 24. Kleczaj J. (2013), Privatization of water rescue forces - better quality or 'any old how'?, I Congress of Water Safety in Szczecin in 2013.
- 25. Wiesner W. (2015), Client's safety as an essential attribute of recreational services, an article in Zeszyty Naukowe WSB.
Publication order reference