Dental arch Transversal characteristics in boys and girls with orthognathic bite: head shape and face type dependence
Languages of publication
In this work, we describe the boundary percentile scope values of transversal characteristics of the dental arch of boys and girls of Podillia, with diagnosed orthognathic bite. The study group consists of individuals with different forms of head and face. Our findings are that, in girls, unlike boys, set differences exist in the transversal dimensions of the upper and lower jaw, both in the distribution of the shape of the head, and the type of face. In boys with different head shape, larger values of transversal size of dental arch are evidenced when contrasted with the corresponding groups of girls, regarding the maxilla in 46.7% of all cases and the mandible in 22.2% of all cases, as well as with different types of faces in 66.7% of cases regarding the maxilla and 55.6% in the mandible.
1 - 3 - 2015
23 - 1 - 2015
24 - 3 - 2015
9 - 5 - 2015
- 1. Abolmasov N.G., Abolmasov N.N.: Orthodontics: Training allowance. MEDpress-iform, 424, 2008.
- 2. Antonova O.A.: Age anatomy and physiology. Higher Education, 2008.
- 3. Burris B.G., Harris E.F.: Maxillary arch size and shape in American black and whites. Angle Orthod., 70, 4, 2000.
- 4. Bhushan M.G. et al.: Handbook of orthodontics. Kartia Moldoveniaske, 488, 1990.
- 5. Dmitriev M.O., Gunas I.V., Kuhar I.D.: Geometrical parameters and structural features of the dental arch in adolescents of Podillya with orthognathic bite. Scientific Bulletin of the Uzhgorod University, 24, 2005.
- 6. Hassan N., Hosseinzadeh N., Reza S.: The dental arch form revisited. Angle Orthod., 71, 5, 2001.
- 7. Semenov E.K.: Surgical anatomy of the hard palate. Moscow, 25, 1970.
- 8. Smirnov V.G, Persin L.S.: Clinical anatomy of the facial skeleton. Medicine, 224, 2007.
- 9. Yablokov A.V., Yusufov A.G.: Evolutionary theory. High School, 1976.
- 10. Yordanov J.: Anthropology in dentistry. Sofia, 256, 1981.
- 11. Zubov A.A.: Odontology. Methods of anthropological research. Science, 198, 2003.
Publication order reference