Assessment of the impact of a phosphatic fertilizer plant on the adjacent environment using fuzzy logic
Languages of publication
The impact of a phosphatic fertilizer plant on the adjacent environment was examined. Selected rare earth elements, heavy metals and metalloids were determined in substrates and products, waste by-product, and grass and soil samples. Concentration gradients of elements in grass and soil samples along the southerly and easterly directions were examined and compared with the content of interior soil and grass samples, substrates, and products. Results were compared with available data on soil permissible element concentration levels. Two fuzzy principal component analysis (FPCA) methods for robust estimation of principal components were applied and compared with classical PCA. The efficiency of the new algorithms is illustrated. The investigation explored the impact of the plant on the adjacent environment. The most reliable results, in good agreement with types of samples, were produced using the FPCA-O algorithm
1 - 3 - 2006
1 - 3 - 2006
-  V. Stanescu, C. Iordache and I. Ion: “Evaluation of Soil Pollution around a Romanian Fertilizer Plant”, In: Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium and Exhibition tion Environmental Contamination in Central and Easterly Europe, 12-14 September 2000, Prague, CD version, 2000.
-  G. Senesi, G. Baldassarre, N. Senesi and B. Radina: “Trace element inputs into soils by anthropogenic activities and implications for human health”, Chemosphere,Vol. 39, (1999), pp. 343–377. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0045-6535(99)00115-0[Crossref]
-  A. Pantelica, M. Salagean, I. Georgescu and E. Pincovschi: “INAA of some phosphates used in fertilizer industries”, J. Radioanal. Nucl. Ch.,Vol. 216, (1997), pp. 216–264. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF02033788[Crossref]
-  M.J. McLaughlin, D.R. Parker and J.M. Clarke: “Metals and micronutrients: food safety issues”, Field. Crop. Res., Vol. 60, (1998), pp. 143–163. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0378-4290(98)00137-3[Crossref]
-  M.F. Frontasyeva, A.V. Gorbunov, S.F. Gudorina, S.M. Lyapunov and C.D. Oprea: Workplace monitoring and occupational health studies at the centre for production of phosphorus mineral fertilizers, Voskresensk (Moscow region, Russia), using nuclear and related analytical techniques, part two, Joint Institute for Nuclear Research preprint, E14-99-68, Dubna, 1999.
-  M.V. Frontasyeva, A.V. Gorbunov, S.M. Lyapunov and C.D. Oprea: Workplace monitoring and occupational health studies at the centre for production of phosphorus mineral fertilizers, Voskresensk (Moscow region, Russia), using nuclear and related analytical techniques, part one, Joint Institute for Nuclear Research preprint, E14-98-392, Dubna, 1998.
-  J. Einax, H. Zwanziger and S. Geiß: Chemometrics in Environmental Analysis, John Wiley and Sons, Chichester, 1997.
-  A. Mackiewicz and W. Ratajczak: “Principal Component Analysis (PCA)”, Computat. Geosci., Vol. 19, (1993), pp. 303–342. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0098-3004(93)90090-R[Crossref]
-  D.L. Massart, B.G.M. Vandenginste, S.N. Deming, Y. Michotte and L. Kaufman: Chemometrics: a textbook, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1988.
-  M. Otto: Chemometrics: Statistics and Computer Application in Analytical Chemistry, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, 1999.
-  S. Wold, K. Esbensen and P. Geladi: “Principal component analysis”, Chemometr. Intell. Lab., Vol. 2, 1987, pp. 37–52. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0169-7439(87)80084-9[Crossref]
-  C. Sârbu and H.F. Pop: “Fuzzy Soft-Computing Methods and Their Applications in Chemistry”, In: K.B. Lipkowitz, R. Larter and T.R. Cundari (Eds.): Rev. Comp. Ch., Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, 2004, pp. 249–332.
-  T.R. Cundari, C. Sârbu and H.F. Pop: “Robust Fuzzy Principal Component Analysis (FPCA). A Comparative Study Concerning Interaction of Carbon-Hydrogen Bonds with Molybdenum-Oxo Bonds”, J. Chem. Inf. Comp. Sci., Vol. 42, (2002), pp. 1363-1369.
-  H.F. Pop and C. Sârbu: “A New Fuzzy Regression Algorithm”, Anal. Chem., Vol. 68, (1996), pp. 771–778. http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ac950549u[Crossref]
-  M.V. Frontasyeva and S.S. Pavlov: Analytical Investigations at IBR-2 Reactor in Dubna, Joint Institute for Nuclear Research preprint, E14-2000-177, Dubna, 2000.
-  T.M. Ostrovnaya, L.S. Nefedyeva, V.M. Nazarov, S.B. Borzakov and L.P. Strelkova: “Software for INAA on the Basis of Relative and Absolute Methods Using Nuclear Data Base”, In: Activation Analysis in Environment Protection, Joint Institute for Nuclear Research preprint, D14-93-325, Dubna, 1993, pp. 319-326.
-  T.M. Ostrovnaya: Tables for identification of nuclides formed in nuclear reactors, Joint Institute for Nuclear Research preprint, E14-2000-178, Dubna, 2000.
-  A. Astel, J. Mazerski, Ż. Polkowska and J. Namieśnik: “Application of PCA and time series analysis in studies of precipitation in Tricity (Poland)”, Adv. Environ. Res., Vol. 8, (2004), pp. 337–349. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1093-0191(02)00107-7[Crossref]
-  StatSoft, Inc., 2001. STATISTICA (data analysis software system), version 6. www.statsoft.com.
-  Disposition of minister of environment regarding standards of soil and land quality (Dz.U.02.165.1359) (in Polish).
-  I. Stanimirova, S. Tsakovski and V. Simeonov: “Multivariate statistical analysis of coastal sediment data”, Fresen. J. Anal. Chem., Vol. 365, (1999), pp. 489–493. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s002160051510[Crossref]
-  V. Simeonov, S. Stefanov and S. Tsakovski: “Environmetrical Treatment of Water Quality Survey Data from Yantra River, Bulgaria”, Mikrochim. Acta, Vol. 134, (2000), pp. 15–21.
-  I. Pais and J. Jones Jr.: The handbook of trace elements, CRC Press LLC, Boca Raton, Florida, 1997.
-  E. Malinowska: Assessment of bioaccumulation level and toxic metal discrimination in edible mushrooms from various regions of Poland, dissertation written in Polish under supervision of Prof. P. Szefer, Medical University, Gdansk, 2002.
Publication order reference