Supplementary research of clinoptilolite-rich tuff composites after adsorption trials using the XPS technique
Languages of publication
The paper deals with fabrication of carbonized and hydrophobized clinoptilolite-rich tuff using organic carbon rich substances, here particularly starch and waste vegetable residues, which were pyrolytically combusted and covered the external zeolite surface. Hydrophobization of the zeolite external surface was accomplished by octadecylammonium surfactant. Both surface modified clinoptilolite-rich tuffs were tested and compared with each other with regard to removal of organic (phenol) and inorganic (chromate, arsenate) pollutants from aqueous solutions. These elaborated composites with surface adsorbed pollutant species were analysed by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS).
1 - 3 - 2006
1 - 3 - 2006
- Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University, Mlynská dolina, 842 15, Bratislava, Slovakia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institute of Inorganic Technology, Wroclaw University of Technology, Wyb. Wyspiańskiego 27, 50-370, Wrocław, Poland
- Institute of Physics, Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics of Comenius University, Mlynska dolina F2, 842 48, Bratislava, Slovakia
-  K.G. Varshney: “Synthetic Ion Exchange Materials and their Analytical Applications: Past, Present and Future”, Solid State Phenom., Vol. 445, (2003), pp. 90–91.
-  S.E. Manahan: Environ. Chem., 6th ed., Lewis Publishers Boca Raton, 1994.
-  E. Chmielewská, K. Jesenák and K. Gáplovská: “Arsenate and chromate removal on cationic surfactant-loaded and cation-exchanged clinoptilolite rich tuff vs. montmorillonite”, Coll. Czechoslovak Chem. Commun., Vol. 68(4), (2003), pp. 823–830. http://dx.doi.org/10.1135/cccc20030823[Crossref]
-  E. Chmielewská, M. Morvová., M. Vojs and K. Gáplovská: “Microporous carbon coated clinoptilolite-rich tuffcarrier vs. other related materials for phenol removal”,In: Proceedings of 3er. Congreso Mexicano de Zeolitas Naturales in Zacatecas,November 2003, Azcapotzalco, Mexico City, 2003, pp. 46-49.
-  K. Pilchowski and E. Chmielewská: “Adsorptive Separation of 1,2-Dichloroethane from Model Waste Water on Natural Clinoptilolite”, Acta Hydroch. Hydrob., Vol. 31(3), (2003), pp. 249–252. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/aheh.200300489[Crossref]
-  E.Chmielewská, K.Gáplovská, K. Jesenák, P.Hudec and L. Sabová: “Active surface induced removal of anionic pollutants on polyoxide based natural cationic exchangers”, In: CAMIN 05-Book of Abstracts, Smolenice, 2005, pp. 81-82.
-  M. Stöcker: “X-Ray photoelectron spectroscopy on zeolites and related materials”, Microporous Materials, Vol. 6, (1996), pp. 235–246. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0927-6513(96)00034-X[Crossref]
-  S.L. Peterson: Innov. Concepts Program 195240, Pacific Northwest Lab., US Depart. Of Energy, Albuquerque, NM, 1994.
Publication order reference